Chickasha

I was at the prewar swap meat yesterday. Short on Buick parts, with few exceptions. At noon, all the Buick guys met at the booth of the leather license plate man.[sorry, forgot his name]. About a dozen of us. Great fun!!

A BEAUTIFUL little roadster sold. Bet Pete will post pics later.

An interesting fact [?] I heard from a vendor. He had parts that came from the Flixible bus company. Carbs, distributors with no vacuum advance. As we all know, they used the 320 CI straight engine. He told me that they used these through 1956! Anybody know for sure?

Ben

Here is the beautiful little '24 four-cylinder roadster Ben mentions. And a group photo which will appear in the Bugle soon, with an empty chair and photo of our late friend and fellow Pre-War Buick enthusiast David Corbin who never missed one of these meets.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-143141810284_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143141810547_thumb.jpg

Steve HAmmatt is the license plate man second from the right in the rear...

That little green 1923 Standard 4 cylinder Buick had $16,500 on the for sale sign.

I found the key item I was looking for; an all brass tail light for my 12 Roadster, plus some lamp burners, an original 29 Buick gas cap, and a long battery box. I also bought a front fender that Larry Schram hauled down from Michigan for a guy in Bend Oregon. (The fender and battery box caught a ride back home with another HCCA member.)

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

For those of us who don't get out as much as we would like...

would you please list the names of those in the photo?

Thank You

Marty,

I can name a few, but I am really bad with names.... Somebody help me out as I don't want to guess, and I only just met most of these guys.

Front Row: Randy Dekker, Pete Phillips

Second Row: Mark Shaw (middle behind the chair), Larry Schramm (right of Mark)

Top Staggared Row: Gregg Lang (Third from left), Terry Weigand (fourth from right), Steve Hammatt (license plate guy third from right)

GREGG LANGE HAS THE FULL BEARD AND DARK BLUE COAT, DON DYRESEN IS IN THE RED CAP AND HAS A 1916 D-55, JEFF KEARNEY IS IN THE DARK GREEN JACKET AND NO EYEGLASSES, AND SID CONNER IS KNEELING ON THE RIGHT END WITH A DARK GREEN JACKET. MARTY YOU MISSED A GREAT TIME. THE GUYS ARE RIGHT-BUICK PARTS WERE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN THIS YEAR. IT WILL CHANGE NEXT YEAR. THERE ARE A FEW IN THE PHOTO THAT I HAD NEVER MET BEFORE AND DO NO KNOW THEIR NAMES. TERRY WIEGAND

GREGG LANGE HAS THE FULL BEARD AND DARK BLUE COAT, DON DYRESEN IS IN THE RED CAP AND HAS A 1916 D-55, JEFF KEARNEY IS IN THE DARK GREEN JACKET AND NO EYEGLASSES, AND SID CONNER IS KNEELING ON THE RIGHT END WITH A DARK GREEN JACKET. MARTY YOU MISSED A GREAT TIME. THE GUYS ARE RIGHT-BUICK PARTS WERE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN THIS YEAR. IT WILL CHANGE NEXT YEAR. THERE ARE A FEW IN THE PHOTO THAT I HAD NEVER MET BEFORE AND DO NO KNOW THEIR NAMES. TERRY WIEGAND

So Terry, you speak in caps and bold all the time I see.What a relief, I thought you were just yelling at me the other day.wink.giflaugh3.gif

LAMAR, THIS 'POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND INTERNET ETIQUETTE' CRAP IS GONNA BE THE DEATH OF US ALL SOMEDAY. WHEN I WRITE A LETTER I DON'T YELL WHEN I WRITE IT, WHY SHOULD IT BE ANY DIFFERENT ON HERE? I WANT TO PUT THINGS DOWN THAT FOLKS CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND. IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE WITH MY WRITING STYLE - I HAVE THIS TO SAY IN MY DEFENSE - "YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO GET OVER IT. I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OFFENDER" OH, AND BY THE WAY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY, SIR! JARHEADS ARE A PRETTY GOOD GROUP OF GUYS, BUT US ANCHOR CLANKERS LIKE TO THINK WE ARE A CUT ABOVE THOSE FOLKS. TAKE CARE MY FRIEND. TERRY WIEGAND DOO DAH AMERICA

This is what the hobby is ALL ABOUT. I will need extra time to match up the names to the faces. Randy Dekker was on the Pre War Tour my wife and I hosted and he allowed my daughter Abby, then 9, to sit and ride in the rumble seat. Even though dave C is not there, there is probably a combined 100 + years of PW Buick knowledge in that photo.

Semper fi exnitro. Ahhh Terry, you know I'm just funnin with ya. Besides, I like swabbies. I use to especially like to see them running through the Marines berths on ship when the whistle sounded and General Quarters was called. Some Marine (not this one mind ya) would always think it so funny to stick his foot out and trip them, knowing they couldn't take time to stop and deal with it or they'd be reprimanded for being late to their post. But in the end we paid and paid dearly. During the cruise through Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Philippines and while on R&R in Tokyo, I scored a nice stereo system, a Pioneer 4 Channel QX9900 receiver, a reel to reel, a turn table and a set of 100 watt speakers, (all Pioneer). Brought it all back and strapped it down to some empty bunks in our berth. But at the end of the cruise and upon the Marines disembarking at our home base in Okinawa, it was discovered that probably during one of the Corps on deck inspections, the swabbies had emptied every single box of its contents, strapped them back down and it went totally unnoticed until the day we disembarked. But is was the last day on ship, "no time to stop and deal with it".

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest exnitro

Mr. Earl, something similar happened to me while in Nam. We had put all our belongings in our seabags locked with a padlock and locked in a compartment while we were out in the boonies. When we came back to the ship, the Valley Forge, LPH 8, we found all our bags had been gone thru. Talk about a bunch of PO'd Marines. If we could have found out who did the stealing they probably would have gone for a swim off the fantail.

Semper Fi

Thanks Guys,

Even though I could not make Chickasha, putting a name with a face really helps. Maybe next year...

If any of you make it to one of the AACA Meets this year (except Auburn, unfortunately), I'll be at the Membership Roundtable, at the Judges' Breakfast, and on the field for judging; if you are on aan AACA (or VMCCA) Tour, I'll probably be there.

Please look me up and let me know who you are, I look forward to meeting y'all.

Marty Roth

AACA National Director

VP-Membership

post-54863-143141817436_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143141817445_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143141817453_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143141817456_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314181747_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143141817485_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)