1933 Continental coupe

Rusty_OToole

About a year ago I think there was a thread on here from the owner of a Continental sedan, who wanted a Continental coupe to go with it.

Unfortunately there were only 2 or 3 known in the world and one was in Africa.

Well here's another one. A decent original with all the parts, not rusted, with minimal damage other than some banged up fenders.

See it turned into a rat rod with flat black paint, Chev V8, phony air scoop and 32 Ford grille shell.

Anyone care to estimate how much this reduced its value? I know its historical value is now practically nil, I expect the owner only cares about dollar value.

Hot Rods 1933 Continental Coupe - THE H.A.M.B.

......and they even managed to turn a nice looking body into an ugly hot rod.....the angled channel job looks wrong and that big fat cowl doesn't suit an open engine compartment.....what a shame.....they probably could have sold the original car for enough to buy a repro Ford steel body...

Are the 2 cars in the post the same. One has an original Chrome grille shell and more paint on it than the one on the trailer. Hopefully they didn't cut up the one with the chrome shell. Unfortunately as you mentioned the rodded one looks terrible. Surprising as the other cars in the shop the body was photographed in, have much better build quality. The rod photo looks like it was built in the back yard by someone who didn't know what they were doing.

Can you spell I-D-I-O-T and notice I capitalized it. To take a super rare one of a few left cars and turn it into a Hot Rod. What is with these people! I saw a car show a couple of years ago where a guy turned a 41 Packard Darrin into a hot rod too. Have they lost their minds. When I see this it just makes my blood boil.

I was out of town attending the Boca Raton Concours with the Mark II, so I didn't see this. I think this car and the "hot-rod" are two different cars. I spoke to the owner of the hot rod, asking about the old engine and found the guy to be a **ick.

I got a heads-up that a thread was started on the H.A.M.B., so I'll link it here.

Hot Rods 1933 Continental Coupe - Page 3 - THE H.A.M.B.

I'm looking for a Roadster, not a Coupe. My collection leans towards "Continental" convertibles.