IM CURIOUS

Guest 55super50

Guest 55super50

I have a 1955 buick super 50 4 dr that Im considering on selling but cant find one anywhere on the web to even compare it with. What do I have,something unusual?

If it was only a 55 Roadmaster Convertible, then you would be at the high end. ;)

My guess is that a lower value car does not get listed as often because the high dollar value is just not there. If I had one in road worthy condition, I would keep it and enjoy it before I sold it $4,500. Unless I bought it real cheep and could turn a profit without wrenching on it, or doing other restoration work as that would eat any profit up rather quickly. I guess what I am trying to say is, like most cars, it costs more to perserve than it is worth in value at an auction. Those who have them keep them, and enjoy them. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

yea, the low end on the price guides are around $4000. 1955 Buick 50 Super 4 Door Sedan Value, Prices & Specs | NADAguides | NADA 1955 Buick 50 Super Book Value & 1955 Buick 50 Super Market Price

But try selling if for that and see how long it will take. 4 door cars, especially the lower end line (Supers, Special) just don't have a big market. Of course threre are exceptions, like me, I want a '54 of EVERY series. If you want to share pictures and give a better description we can try and help evaluate it for you.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/3509908326.html

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

yea, the low end on the price guides are around $4000.

Mr. Earl, Since when is the last time you paid $4,000 for an old tired 54??? :P

I know of a 55 two door Road Master in a Junk Yard. It can be bought for half price. Plan on lots of restoraton $$$ to get it in perfect condition. I believe a 4 Door Super is also part of the deal. Dandy Dave!

Mr. Earl, you should buy it, (after all it's a 54 Buick, modified at the Buick factory, right?,

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Dale in Indy

P.S. Nothing against the 55's, but I never have understood such a change from the WINNER, the 54 design. Must be me.

Buick5563 doesn't "Like" the last part.

;)

Guest 55super50

A little mor info. New tires,wheel cyl.,brakes,master cyl.,silicone brk fluid,rear shocks,fuel pump,cab rebuilt,gen rebuilt,starter rebuilt,plugs,points,dist cap and wires,all htr hose replaced,coolant drained and replaced,oil and filter,trans fluid,torque ball boot,new gas tank and sending unit,repacked wheel bearings. There isnt a spot of rust on the car,the floors and trunk are solid,the bumpers need rechromed, the interior is as clost to perfect as can be, EVERYTHING works there are some scratches on the trunk lid due to someone using it as a storage shelf. NADA says low value is $4150,ave $6600,high $9950 so Im going to ask $6000 Been trying to add pics but it keeps telling me the pic are to large. The glass is perfect and it has pwr seat,I do have the hubcaps,they are in the trunk,some of the clips that hold them on were broken.

Edited by 55super50 (see edit history)

WELL!!! If I can manage to get my foot out of my mouth, I would like to retract my comment about "try to get someone to buy a 4 door Super at $4,000.00. You should have no problem selling this low mileage, solid, unmolested barn find with power options, EZEYE glass that compliments the color of the car wonderfully and something you don't see every day on a large series Super, hub caps with beauty rings instead of full wheel covers for that price. All this car needs is a couple of weekends of fun clean up to be brought to South Bend and possibly entered into the Archival class. Would like to see pics of the Data Plate and Vin number.

DSCN0005_zps8e32eac4.jpg

DSCN0027_zps58e9f7b7.jpg

DSCN0026_zpscba0f7fe.jpg

DSCN0024_zps9ef70390.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Don't know that I would call that Interior "perfect" looks like a ton of pitting on the metal, and plenty of action items, but would def clean up to be serviceable. I would say though comfortably between 3900-4700 for this car.

I am going to pass it along to a friend that is after this particular kind of car, if he is not interested, I will try as many folks as I can to help you find it a home.

Good Luck!

Very Nice!!

I like the color, too!!

That would look great with red wheels , especially with hubcaps and trim rings.

The pin striping on the spare wheel is very interesting... I like it...

That would look cool, and thank you James, for not correcting me by noticing I meant to say, Wheel Covers instead of hubcaps :)

That would look cool, and thank you James, for not correcting me by noticing I meant to say, Wheel Covers instead of hubcaps :)

No Eric, I think for those, hubcaps is correct.

As, those don't cover the wheel.

When in place, there'll be a ring of the wheel showing between the hubcap and the trim ring.

These hubcaps are rare for the '55 Buicks.

This is the first I've seen of hubcaps on a '55. Before today, I've only seen the hubcaps in the sales brochures. Before today, I wondered if any '55 actually came from the factory with hubcaps rather than wheel covers....

There is just a hint of the smaller hub caps "Accessory Group M"

55 Buick

Accessory Group "M"

Includes electric clock, full wheel covers, automatic trunk light, rear license plate frame.

[TABLE=class: options, width: 1]

<tbody>[TR=class: odd]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]<input type="CHECKBOX" name="optionM" id="optionM">[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]Factory[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]Accessory Group[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]$40.00[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]Includes electric clock, full wheel covers, automatic trunk light, rear <nobr>license plate frame</nobr>.[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FCF6CF]opm.jpgm[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I found at least 2-pictures of 55's with these caps. Google 1955 Buick pictures, and roll down the pic's.. You have to look close, but a real good shot of one way down the list. Dale in Indy

Of course you're right! Here on the site is a model 68 with the smaller hubcaps;

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/1955-buick-century-model-68-question-317682.html

bhambulldog, I'll pay someone $80.00 for those. Just think they will double their investment. I'm such a nice guy.

Dale in Indy

;)

Edited by bhambulldog
replace quote (see edit history)

Well James, I will let you give me credit, but when I was asking about the Hubcaps, I actually was asking about Wheel Covers, with that fancy little red center. Id love to see what these look like on the car, I have never seen them with the Beauty ring and those on a Full Size Buick. This is a really cool car, I hope I can get it in the hands of the Right Reverend.

Guest 55super50

What exactly are action items? Never heard of them before.Or is that just an old buick word?:D

Don't know that I would call that Interior "perfect" looks like a ton of pitting on the metal, and plenty of action items, but would def clean up to be serviceable. I would say though comfortably between 3900-4700 for this car.

I am going to pass it along to a friend that is after this particular kind of car, if he is not interested, I will try as many folks as I can to help you find it a home.

Good Luck!

Edited by MrEarl
fixed quote (see edit history)

Guest 55super50

thanks for the help getting the pics up.Planning on going into more detailed pics,so you will hearing more from me. I may not know old buicks but I know old cars and have been doing restoration for 30+ yr. Shes a keeper all right,but its just not my style I like old chevy trks and things fast. lol That and too many vech. now

Edited by 55super50 (see edit history)

[What exactly are action items? Never heard of them before.Or is that just an old buick word?:D QUOTE=1mortician;1134414]Don't know that I would call that Interior "perfect" looks like a ton of pitting on the metal, and plenty of action items, but would def clean up to be serviceable. I would say though comfortably between 3900-4700 for this car.

Good Luck!

Guess, I just gave away my degree in business, HA! Action Items, would be a catchy business phrase.

Anyhoo, what is the best way for my friend to get in touch with you to chat about your car?

Guest 55super50

Good Luck!

I tried a little chrome polish in the interior today, cleans up QUITE nice.The pics sort of make it look bad when its not.Junk digital camera

Not to detract from the topic, but in the 1980's I had a job where I met with various departments in a big film company to discuss their energy consumption. Every meeting closed with assigned "action items". One department had a pre-plating cleaner tank about 12X20 feet full of heated solvent. The department head said it couldn't be shut off. His action item was to contact the manufacturer of the tank and find out if they had discovered a way to shut it off in the six years since it had been built. How's that for an example of an action item. There was another term they used for me. Pontiac made a model with similar spelling.

Bernie

Nice car. :D Go for it Mr. Earl. I can see that car crusing around the Buick Gardens. :cool: You are far better to get a car like this than spend hours restoring a Rust Bucket. Just be sure to get it inside. And please, keep the paint scratching goats off of it. :P Dandy Dave!

Action Item. That is when Larry the Cable Guy has handed you a wood choppin job, and say's "Get er done." If it aint done when he comes around later in the day, he docks your Bud allowance. :eek: Dandy Dave!