Merry Christmas to all, and....

trimacar

Merry Christmas to all my DFer friends!!

I know I haven't been on here much over the past year. Planning a wedding, then redoing house house has kept me busy. I've done plumbing, electrical, drywall,plaster walls, laid laminate flooring, laid vinyl tile flooring, painted everything except the floor, rehung window weights, replaced window panes, replaced windows, fixed doors that stick, replaced mortise locks and door knobs, replaced toilet. Now if all that time would have been on one of my cars, at least I would be able to drive it. I guess I can consider it all good when when get a renter in the house and get $$ to pay for car parts. :) Married 6 months and counting ;)

And a very Merry Christmas and great New Year to all!!!

Enjoying an early morning coffee, waiting for the rest of the family to smell it and wake up so we can start the day with gifts, great food, and visiting with friends who will be drifting over later this evening. We have a regular car club circuit around here and it's always great fun. In a while we will be finding the treasures under the tree but most of all enjoying having our Son here this year. The Coast Guard let him off for a few days so he came north and brought his girlfriend with him. He had a chance to drive Susan's new MGTC yesterday. We're having a great time, and whatever the time of year means for you, we hope you have a great time too. Celebrate!

Terry

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone has a great day! I'm sitting here, killing time until family arrives. It started snowing about an hour ago and although it adds to the day, I hope the traveling isn't too bad. Our daughter and grandson are on their way from New Hampshire; they are the farthest away. Eveyone else is within 7-25 miles.

80 Degrees, and Sunny -- what a nice way to celebrate the holiday, and the spirit of the holiday.

Last night we had dinner at our daughter and grandson's home out in Luling, LA -- Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo !! Her boyfriend is a wonderful cook !

and I got to open one present last night.........a wooden replica of a Packard Phaeton ........ really thoughtful !

We head back out there this afternoon for the big meal, and to share the day with family and friends.

The big Christmas Eve activity here in the RIVER PARISHES OF LOUISIANA.......

The big special celebration here is the bonfires on the Levee, lighting the way for Pere Noel who travels up the river in his BATTEAU, pulled by GASTON THE GREEN-NOSED ALLIGATOR, with a sack of toys for good little boys and girls.

Right on cue, just after sunset, the temperatures dipped into the 60s, and the fog started to roll in, so as the TEEPEE-SHAPED BONFIRES were being lit, and as all the fireworks were being set off, it was really a magical scene in Grammercy, Louisiana. Thousands of people walked the east bank of the levee along the Mississippi River, as many thousands more drove by on the River Road. Toward midnight the fog thinned out, but the fires would continue to burn, many of them through the night.

Of course, driving an open car, older than ourselves is always a big plus.....

Our best wishes to all......

David, I'll pass by on my first opportunity - would love to play in the snow - have a snowball fight like Nate and I did at the Great Divide in Glacier Park 10 years ago.

Hope you're enjoying your Retirement and your new career

I hope lots of old-car folks get to know your expertise in upholstery and early car tops....you deserve the recognition

Best regards to you and all the family

post-54863-143139307151_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307165_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307178_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307187_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307189_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307191_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307193_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139307195_thumb.jpg

Charles,

thanks for the special wishes -- makes me feel like a Chieftan, or maybe even a Starchief

best wishes for the holidays to you and your family as well

and to all of our old-car friends

Well, as much as a White Christmas has it's appeal...

I was ready to put the '37 Packard Super 8 engine (bought to temporarily replace the '38 engine) on a test stand, borrowed from a good friend. Engine on hoist, stand ready to remove from trailer, and....Mother Nature says NO!

My friend was building a dynamometer, got the engine stand part finished, complete with a water reservoir that can be hooked to a hose, and a control stand with instruments for the engine, when he found a complete dynamometer and bought it....so now it's a very large, very heavy, engine test stand!

Gee, Marty, I always thought of you as a Special!

post-31482-14313930869_thumb.jpg

Once upon a time, as a 40 Series, one might have been "Special", but now as a 70 Series, one would aspire to be a "Roadmaster".

thanks David,

and that is a pretty snow scene alongside your garage....

Aren't cha glad ya gotcha dat 4-wheel drive?