THE eBugle IS HERE

RICK YOUNG

Guest 1951 Buick

I don't have the answer to your question, Lamar, but I'll ask the guys who know that stuff and let you know what I hear. Thanks for putting the "sticky" on the thread so it will stay uo top for awhile!

Mike, BCA # 9202

BCA Office Administrator

1951 Buick Special 2 dr ht

Mike don't even bring bother asking, it is fine just the way it is, like I said, I'll get use to it plus it will serve as a good excuse for a new and bigger 'puter screen.

On another subject, and this is to Rick or you all or whomever. How will we know when the new edition comes out each month. May I suggest that it be posted here as a sticky for the month so that there can be an exchange of comments and discussion about it's articles and stories. I will be glad to be of assistance with that if needed.

Also wondering will they be archived on the BCA web site for later viewing?

I am seeing that as of now there have been 93 members who have read this thread. Just curious, do you know how many have logged in to view it.

Lamar (and others)

The KFOCI Kaiser Frazer Owners Club - posts each month when the e version of their newsletter is released. IF it is released at the same time as the paper copy is mailed, then in theory whoever gets the e version has a head start on ads, which is an incentive to get the e-Bugle (or any e version of a club publication).

This in turn, should lead to more people on this forum. Because one of the only ways to know when the e-Bugle is released is to see it here.

Otherwise, I guess you could check in daily on the BCA website until the new Bugle is released. I just think the way that KFOCI handles it is a good way and benchmarking is not always bad on untested waters. I think it would lead to a higher count of views on this forum, which has been an ongoing concern.

HI LAMAR,

It is sheduled to be posted on the 4th of each month as that date is when most in the Continental U.S. recieve their Bugle by mail.

Posting in a archive is a great idea. Not sure if there would be a memory space issue.

If there is not a counter on views per edition that should be able to be added. That would be a interesting number to reference.

While contacting other Clubs during this process with similar demographics the number of members actually viewing a eCopy is fairly low, like around 15%.

Perhaps eGuru Bill S. could give better answers.

Bill...........

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77
It is scheduled to be posted on the 4th of each month....

Anybody able to see the newest Bugle? I've been logging in several times a day since the 4th and it still shows last months issue. :confused:

Guest 1951 Buick

The E-Bugle will be posted around the 10th to the 12th of each month, not the 4th. The hardcopy Bugle does not go out in the mail until the 4th of each month, unless the 4th falls on a week-end or a postal holiday. The intent is to give the majority of our members equal access opportunity to the Bugle. By waiting until the 10th - 12th, most members will be getting their hardcopy Bugle, so posting the E-Bugle accomplishes the equal opportunity function. Rick accidentally gave the wrong date previously. The entire program is still in an infant stage, so a little patience will go a long way in allowing the unpaid volunteers who actually do this each month to accomplish their tasks.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Mike Book, BCA # 9202

BCA Office Administrator

For those who pay the extra $20.00 a year for U.S. 1st Class postage you typically recieve your Bugle around the 4th. U.S. 2nd Class Postage typically arrives around the 10th of the month. In order to be as fair as possible to all we will post the new issue on the 10th. Please keep in mind that the people behind the scenes are doing this work at no charge and they have lives, families and work to keep up with so an occasional delay of a day may occur. This misunderstanding in the e-Bugle posting date is my error. Any questions, comments, concerns or complaints may be directed to me buickman@ymail.com or call my cell anytime at 515-460-0952.

THANKS Bill!!!!

For any newbies or to save from having to go back to the firs page.........

The January eBugle has been posted. To access it, click > http://www.buickclub.org/ebugles

If you have logged into it before a sign in window should pop up possibly with your saved User Id and Password already filled in. If not:

The program will ask for a User Id and Password.

Your User ID is your email address as is on record with the BCA office.

An Example is: tomsmith@gmail.com or wdoe@msn.com.au etc.

The password will be your first name as it is on your mailing label and your BCA Number.

If you have both your name and your spouse's name they will be combined.

If you have your first & last initial they will be combined.

For example:

Tom & Mary Smith will be tommary plus the BCA number(tomary12345).

R.A. Smith will be ra and the BCA number(ra12345).

Joseph Smith will be joseph and the BCA number(joseph12345).

All letters will be lowercase

If you still see the previous months issue, clear your Browser Cache.

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH those 63 and 64 Rivis are BUICKFUL. Another great job Pete!!!!

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Bill,

getting this on the January issue. The December comes up fine. I'm signing off and back on now to see that will fix it

[h=1]The page cannot be found[/h]The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

[h=2]HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)[/h]

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, andAbout Custom Error Messages.

Fixed, Sometimes I just cant spell.

I no whut you meen.

Thanks for the upgrade Bill. This is a great enhancement. I only file my Bugles away about every two years, and in the meantime they're strewed all over the house, from the bedside table, to beside and under the recliner... next to the John, down in the barn, you name it. Now they're just two clicks away.

THANKS AGAIN to all who worked on getting the Bugle on line!!!!!!! .