I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to BET, the reason you are so HAPPY is because YOU have HER....

You are BOTH LUCKY,,,,,,,

I fell in love with the 49 sweep spear HT when I saw my first one in 1949 when I was just 12. I begged Dad to buy it, it was steel gray as I recall.

This is ONE COOL CAR. Even without SCALLOPS.........hehehe.

Dale in Indy

P.S. I normally dislike fender skirts, but on this car, OK......

I also have felt the rear fenders would make for a great small trailer, with scallops, of course. IMO.

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Possible evidence of a *Buick Enthusiast* in charge of designing the flyer for a cool-sounding event upcoming next month in Guilford, CT???!!!

post-34222-143142189266_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

Online copy of the same flyer: http://home.comcast.net/~shorelinesteve/ShorelineOktoberfest18and20Oct2013CarCruisesFlyer.jpg

Overall event info site: http://shorelineoktoberfest.com/

Overall event Facebook site: http://shorelineoktoberfest.com/

2ND EDIT:

Higher-mag copy of just the Buick graphic (no visible artist credits)...

post-34222-143142189714_thumb.jpg

So, that's about a '50 model?

Edited by stock_steve
Event info links added (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77
I think this belongs here.

Awww, shucks. Thanks Lamar. :rolleyes::o Dale, Willie, I'm going to get to experience the best of both worlds. It's going to be patina'ed for a year or two and then painted original colors. Well....I don't know about a sky grey top. Thinking maybe it would look better with a white top.

Guest shadetree77

I've messed around with some photo-shopping a little bit. Trouble is, it doesn't look "real" enough to give me a good idea of what it would look like. I can tell you that it probably won't be bright white. I was thinking more of a slightly off white. My Dad says it would look good with an off white pearlescent color. I've got plenty of time to decide though. As far as more "painting", the headlight shades were the finishing touches for now. I have it looking like I want it. When I first got the car I wanted the whole aftermarket accessory package. Fender skirts, outside visor, etc. I have since decided AGAINST those things. The car looks good without them. Only thing I have left to do appearance wise is to remove some of the oxidation on the front fenders. If you'll notice, they no longer entirely match the doors and rear of the car. A light scrub with some scotchbrite and gentle citrus cleaner should fix that.

Another fleeting image in Random Images. If any of you aren't familiar with or don't have this turned on, try it for a few days. It doesn't take up that much room on the screen and you never know what might pop up. Just go to the top right hand side of the main page and click on the chevron and the pics will appear. Just click on the pic if you want to see them full size and who posted them in the forum photos section. Thanks for this one Dave/XP-300.

1941_buick_fender_skirt_original.jpg

Another fleeting image in Random Images. If any of you aren't familiar with or don't have this turned on, try it for a few days. It doesn't take up that much room on the screen and you never know what might pop up. Just go to the top right hand side of the main page and click on the chevron and the pics will appear. Just click on the pic if you want to see them full size and who posted them in the forum photos section. Thanks for this one Dave/XP-300.

1941_buick_fender_skirt_original.jpg

Thanks for posting my photo Lamar. One of my favorites.

I took this photo at the Buick Nationals in 2011.

My credit card company also accepted it as the photo to my credit card.

Here's another photo of the 41.

post-58764-143142196229_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Here's a pretty cool '68 Skylark Convertible I ran across at a very small cruise night gathering last night (Sunday, September 22, 2013), in North Haven, CT--in fact the few cars that were there were already starting to leave, when I got there, right around the published start time (5:30pm or so)... Nice vanity plate too...

post-34222-143142202766_thumb.jpg

I took the pictures from the driver's seat of my '60 VW Bug, as I kind of drove slowly around the Skylark...

Headed out to another cruise night in Derby, CT right after that, that was very well attended--and saw another cool Buick there too, so stay tuned...

post-34222-143142202732_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143142202744_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143142202751_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143142202759_thumb.jpg

Haven't had much time to go thru and process my Buick photos from the Derby, CT cruise nite this past Sunday evening (9/22/2013), but here are two quickie teasers for the photos of this next upcoming Buick Beauty that I *really* enjoyed checking out at the "Heav'nly Donuts" cruise night!

post-34222-143142205914_thumb.jpg

Much more to come!

post-34222-143142205903_thumb.jpg

Here are some overalls (fading sunlight of early evening not optimal, but did the best we could) of that oh-so-nice '73 GS that I saw at the Derby, CT "Heav'nly Donuts" cruise night this past Sunday evening, September 22, 2013:

post-34222-143142207493_thumb.jpg

Believe that was a real Lambo in the background of image #2, and that brass Model T in the background of image #4 was spectacular as well. A knowledgeable Crosley friend of mine also mentioned that the one in the background of #4 was a '39 model.

post-34222-143142207461_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143142207472_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143142207482_thumb.jpg

Edited by stock_steve
additional photo identification (see edit history)