2012 Buick Edition - Who is Going to Hershey Thread

38Buick 80C

OK it appears the annual Who is going to Hershey thread has been started on the AACA side

http://forums.aaca.org/f228/2012-annual-who-will-hershey-where-335494.html

I thought we should have a Buick / BCA edition.

I'll be there with my dad. We'll have some stuff our Orange field space but I prefer to try and see the entire flea market and shop for parts. Plus have a pretty good memory of where all my Buick friends' spaces are so I do some visiting too.

The Buick Club will have a tent in the Green Field GBK-35-37. Stop in say hi, get a cookie! Also I understand our BCA merchandise vendor will have his hauler there and will be selling BCA, Buick and GM merchandise I do not know where the merchandise vendor's spaces are however.

See you there.

I will be in Hershey for the Night at the Museum Wednesday night. Then I will return home and get my RV and Thursday I will return to the KOA campground in Elizabethtown to get camp setup. I will try to get back to Hershey to start my walk with my red wagon in tow. Ii would be nice to have a list that I could print out and know where everyone might be so I can stop in and say hello. Brian, look forward to seeing you again. Frank, I will be sure to stop in and see ya. Keith, I'm sure we'll cross paths. Matt

[quote name=.

Also I understand our BCA merchandise vendor will have his hauler there and will be selling BCA' date=' Buick and GM merchandise I do not know where the merchandise vendor's spaces are however.

See you there.

Brian:

If you are able to find out where the vendor will be, please let us know.

My wife Debbie and I will be there from Wednesday till late on Saturday.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

David at al

I have confirmation the BCA Merchandise vendor is in space GBA 38.

OK BCA'ers I know more of you go than have responded. Let's see if I can kick start this by posting some location of BCA'ers and parts suppliers (at least the ones by memory). Keep in mind I am in to Pre-war Buicks so this list is heavily toward that. Also the BCA Tent will have a pretty good list of where stuff Buick vendors are at that will probably fills some gaps.

Green Field

BCA Tent GBK 35-37

BCA Merchandise GBA-38

Bob's Automobilia around GDI 2-5

CARS around GBM13-15

Mac Blair around GGH or GDJ 30-35 ish

Jim Peters around GBC 1

Orange

Frank Buke OBC 33

Bill McLaughlin around OBA 10ish

Red

Bob Coker RWA-18

Lewis Jenkins Red field somewhere I believe fairly close to Chocolate North

Ed Natale - RSD 35 ish

Chocolate South

Skip Boyer - CT, CP, CN 50 (somewhere around there)

Jack Welch - CI or CG in 35-40 space range or so

John Henry - near Jack

Jesse Morton/John Scheib Academy Auto Space 1 maybe like row CM

Doug Seybold - between Boyer and Morton maybe like CO or CQ 15 ish

Chocolate North

I know there is one pre-war guy in about the dead middle of this feidl but no idea his name or spaces.

Maybe I'll keep notes this year or more folks need to respond to the thread!!

If all goes well, I`ll be there Wed AM. RWA 18-20.

Still have 60 or so NOS Buick fenders in the 1920s without part numbers.

If anyone has an interested, send Picture or sketch with dimensions and I`ll bring it (them) along.

Also can bring `54, `55, `56 used parts. Let me know your needs.

cokeresq at aol dot com

Bob

Bob

Guest Mike Hanning

I will be there from New Zealand with my wife Helena. I hope the weather has cooled down a bit since we were last in the USA for the National Meet in Concord! We will be staying at The Hershey Lodge, arr. Tues. 9th. and dep. Sat. 13th. We will call by the BCA tent for a catch up and Buick speak.

Best regards,

Mike. BCA#40630

I plan to be there at least for the show on saturday. Would like to be there for thursday to flea market to seek out stuff for the 25-25 and 37-41. I can't leave school till 3:00. It is a shame how a job can get in the way of one's hobbies. But I had hoped to get the 1937 Special back in time to register for the driver class but it just was delivered last night. (Was promised to be ready to drive to the BCA national in June.) The shop said all the heavy lifting has been done and it would just need some tweaking! Took it out for a short drive aprox 3 miles... had to tow it back home!! Just quit at a red light. When I tried to restart battery was dead!! But the Hampton Gray wheels are pretty!

Not Happy.

Larry

post-79073-143139176474_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143139176481_thumb.jpg

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I am headed to the car corral with my low mileage (46,000) 1963 Invicta Wagon in the P section. Car corral is a show in itself and one of the highlights for me. It's been several years since I last sold one in Hershey. 1938 Lasalle, 1960 Impala, and a 1955 Buick sedan in years gone by.

post-75523-143139194857_thumb.jpg

post-75523-143139194884_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

Maybe I've been living under a rock or something but whatever happened to the Carlisle Swap Meet? Back in "my day" being the '80s, it followed Hershey - or preceded it, can't remember now - by a week and was almost as big. It was the premiere postwar meet, while Hershey's focus was prewar. Haven't heard a peep about Carlisle this year. Or last year, come to think of it. Did it fizzle out?

Guest Rob McDonald

Oh, good. Maybe next year I'll make my return pilgrimage. From what I remember, I should be making my motel reservation about now.

I'll be at Hershey all week. My swap space is Green field GBE 40.

(Im listed under VW as from 30 years of VW collecting)

I will be selling some NOS 1951 to 1952 Buick accessory bumper guard sets (called fender guards) for the front and rear if anybody needs them. Think I have some other Buick stuff packed too.

Will be looking for that 1950 NOS or restored RIGHT REAR bumper guard I need.

I have an NOS Boxed LEFT one I could trade somebody if they want that instead of $ ?

Also still looking for the 1950 chrome bar between the 2 rear bumper guards as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153632[/ATTACH]

Will be on GAF-6 and 2 adjoining spaces. Bringing Buick parts, mostly 40's and 60's, some 50's and 70's, along with a mix of parts for other makes.

John <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Hey John,

Thats the NOS fender (right side of the photo) that I bought from you last year.

Hey John,

Thats the NOS fender (right side of the photo) that I bought from you last year.

So that's why I couldn't find it when loading up--stop by and say hello!

Bringing a lot of 40's/early 50's Buick parts: carbs, some fuel pumps, and a dual carb manifold. Also water pumps, starter motors, generator, suspension and steering parts, misc. electrical parts. Also some 60's Buick parts, and a few Olds and Pontiac items. The van is looking like a low-rider!

John