Dad's '54 and my '54, pics.

Guest Amicus

Guest Amicus

The first pic is of my dad's '54 Super, the second is of the one I just bought. Can't wait to make mine look like his! My first project car, hoping everyone will be patient with me and help with questions I may have. I'll try not to be too much of a "dumb woman"! LOL

post-87642-143139139554_thumb.jpg

post-87642-143139139548_thumb.jpg

Dumb woman?? I don't think so! You are smart enough to buy a BUICK. Makes you pretty smart in my book.

Welcome. And nice looking car. Hope it works out well for you. And hope you find the windshield soon.

We would like for you to become a member of of the Buick Club of America. Great bunch. Buick Club of America.org. Feel free to use me as a sponsoring member.

Ben

Guest Amicus

Thank you! I saw the club online.....waiting for car to get here and all the paperwork before I register it over there. I have the VIN, but that's all right now. I know there will be a lot of challenges as we get it restored, but I think I found a good one to work with, especially for $2,900!!!! And it runs and drives!!!!! Ugly color, but that's an easy fix! Dad's was "Baffin Green"....this one will be too! I'm really excited about it. The goal is to have it finished by spring 2014.

It's too bad about the windshield, it isn't cracked, but it has water damage between the layers. All the rest of the glass is good.

Edited by Amicus (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

AMICUS, lovely car! I actually like (even prefer) the colours on your car but, absolutely, I encourage you to make it the way you want. I see palm trees behind your dad's car - was that also in New Mexico? When?

Guest Amicus

I do know someone with a lift, but getting to use it may be difficult, this guy is busy busy busy. The colors are ok, but I want it "Baffin Green" just like my daddy's. That pic was taken in Phoenix, Arizona in about 1964ish. Where I live in New Mexico is waaayyyy to cold for palms! lol

Love that Baffin Green on these big stately Supers and Roadmasters. My first 54 was a white over Baffin Green 2 door cdan Special named Breeze.

Here's me and Breeze back in '71. Ended up sellin her for to buy my new bride a washing machine. Next is a solid green Roadmaster sedan and a hardtop Riviera, just to give you an ideal of how beautiful these colors can be on the '54s.

post-31987-143139141158_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139141135_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14313914114_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139141141_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

Hmm, was it the Buick or the shirt-open-to-the-navel that swept Mrs. Earl-to-be off her feet and into the laundry room?

I stand corrected. Baffin Green is lovely too. However, I've been to Baffin Island and there's nothing green about the place. Majestic, awe-inspiring, yes, but not green.

Hmm, was it the Buick or the shirt-open-to-the-navel that swept Mrs. Earl-to-be off her feet and into the laundry room?

I stand corrected. Baffin Green is lovely too. However, I've been to Baffin Island and there's nothing green about the place. Majestic, awe-inspiring, yes, but not green.

Actually by the time we met the ol' Buick was pretty worn out from my sewing my wild oats all over northeast Georgia in it and it was sittin in the back yard under a mulberry tree. And if you must know, actually I think it was my disco steps what helped win me my joy of my life. party2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Should it be Cherokee red?

It should be red but I'm not sure what flavor. No matter the color the car is the red for the S or R on the side sets it off. When I purchased mine I could see the very slight residue of the original red paint. I was going to leave it like that but decide to paint the red. Makes a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a carrier and my '54 is coming home!!!!!! By Friday!!!!!!!! My birthday is Sunday.....perfect present to myself!!!!! Yaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!

Guest Rob McDonald

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMICUS!

The tri-shield is not of the correct period and the cake was made for someone named Bill but our Forum's best wishes are genuine.

post-59990-143139169335_thumb.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMICUS!

The tri-shield is not of the correct period and the cake was made for someone named Bill but our Forum's best wishes are genuine.

Thank you so much!!!!! It IS a good birthday......I got my daddy's car.......finally!!!!!!

BTW, who's Bill???? ROFLMAO

Edited by Amicus (see edit history)

Thank you so much!!!!! It IS a good birthday......I got my daddy's car.......finally!!!!!!

And, I got a whole family of llamas for my birthday, too!!!! It's the best birthday in a long time!!!!!!

Amicus . . . welcome and congratulations on your birthday AND your Buick purchase! Please DO join the BCA! The two-tone on your car looks nice, but the darker Baffin Green would really show off some of the body lines and contours which other colors might tend to hide, plus any chrome trim.

Mr. Earl . . . Now we know where Burt Reynolds got his style in attire, back then? Easier to lean on a taller Buick sedan than a T-toped Firebird!

Old-Tank . . . If some of those cakes had the right "spirits" in them, they'd get better with age, but spirits would be gone by two years if not properly preserved.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Sorry I missed your Birthday, been out on the 54 Buick Highway..... I'll share some of my birthday cake with you though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153764[/ATTACH]

You didn't miss my birthday, it's tomorrow!!!!! But I hear the cake is two years old????? Think I'll pass! LOL

Now that it's officially the day of your birthday . . . 12:00 Central Daylight Savings Time time zone midnight, as I make this post . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Perhaps you can use the (2 year old cake) as ballast in the trunk?

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Thank you!! Do you think the cake would work? LOL Still think I'll stick with making my cake in the morning!!!!