Cool video

Guest 1930

If you had stuck to the rules and only ever posted Dodge related topics, Jason, we would never have seen this remarkable video.

Recent attempts to control what is posted here has made me feel reticent about posting certain non - Dodge subjects. For example, I had thought the forum would be a good place to discuss fabric bodied cars. I had also hoped to learn more about ballast resistors and other aids to starting any car. I could post on the general discussion forum but I have come to trust the advice from my friends on here.

Do you guys think the occasional 'off topic' post adds to the interest of forum chat or are you a bit annoyed when someone complains and gets the post moved?

I would like your views; even if this is a non -Dodge post.....oops !

Ray

I'll try and get a video done of the tourer when it's all sorted out, but for now I do have this one of the '40 truck being fired up to hand, if anyone's interested, recorded back in 2000... :-)

rgds, RJ

I'll try and get a video done of the tourer when it's all sorted out, but for now I do have this one of the '40 truck being fired up to hand, if anyone's interested, recorded back in 2000... :-)

rgds, RJ

Thats a great video, should have posted it earlier. whats the deal with the truck or how did it spend its life?

Thanks Mike. No worries there....Iv'e long since lost faith in either.

Do you know what makes my computer keep stalling when watching videos?

I dont know much about comp but I have also heard that updating your video player and things like that can help. Sorry the terms escape me at the moment

So far I have tried cleaning with the C Cleaner programme which has got rid of a hell of a lot of dead files etc. The videos still

keep stalling every few seconds. The pause seems to be getting worse! Perhaps it's had it. If I need a new lap top, what must I look out for? At present I have a fairly basic Dell inspiron 1525.

Ray I am almost sure you just dont have the right up-date, in my opinion start with a fresh install of windows XP with service pack 3, do you know how to do this.

After installing that than download AS LITTLE as possible, no anti-virus crap no nuthin. Just the essentials which I can walk you thru via e-mail if needed

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

I swear I've heard the music before? Is it West Wing or the movie American President?

Good question, hopefully someone will have an answer. Beautiful either way.

Not to get off topic to this post but did anyone notice the clearance when he's mic'ing the journals on the crank?

Consideration of the outside diam. of the micrometer must have been taken into account when building that little guy.

Every time I watch the video I have to ask myself many questions but first and foremost what is powering it, where is the ignition source?

Someone suggested air which would make more sense, looks like a fuel line but I guess air might be the answer.

Notice how they dont ever show the pistons being dropped down into the cylinders, I keep waiting to see him compress the rings, looks like there is some sort of ring there, maybe a rubber o-ring ( ? ) hard to tell.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Phil, I'm glad he didn't crack up, but it sure made me crack up! Getting back to the original post with the little engine, I have to tell this story of an 90 year old man, (Ed), that I bought a rebuilt Ford "A" engine block from last Feb. He has a 10 inch long Ford model A engine that he built from scratch years ago. The killer is, it really runs, on GASOLINE! He even started it up for me that afternoon. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It is completely articulated just like the original engine, but with a different kind of carburetor. It even had a dusty, coating of grime on it when it was running on his workbench. The "real" spark plugs are only 1/4" long. If that wasn't enough of a show, he proceeded to show me his early Ford V-8 engine, about the size of a football, that runs on gas too, along with a great collection of little airplane engines that run also! He had mostly radial type and one model Gnome rotary engine. He's spent a lifetime building these in his shop. Unfortunately, he has no use for U-Tube or any notoriety. I have to respect this and not give out his name or address, but the locals around here that are in the car clubs all know him and have also seen his miniature gas engines. Sometimes I wonder what will become of these engines in the future.

Thats a great video, should have posted it earlier. whats the deal with the truck or how did it spend its life?

Hi 1930 - it came to the UK in 1940/41 and was bodied as a Royal Air Force crewbus. After the war, it carried a '30s Grand Prix car to race meetings. Fully story here: Restoring a '40s race car transporter. There's another video uploaded to YT that shows the engine running in the restored vehicle (minus the front end panels at the time).

rgds, RJ

Well documented restoration and clearly a restoration that requires alot of dedication. ( Im sure a wheelbarrow full of money helped also )

Too bad on the deal with VHC. Its tough on both parties with a job that large.

Well documented restoration and clearly a restoration that requires alot of dedication. ( Im sure a wheelbarrow full of money helped also )

Too bad on the deal with VHC. Its tough on both parties with a job that large.

I left out most of the details of that particular relationship on the site, trust me there were some very fraught times! The resto is still ongoing (I rescued the truck from their workshops before things went downhill further), I've been researching it and searching the world for parts since 1995 :-)

RJ