1911 Scott and Model T photo's

Guest Big_mo

The engine in the 1911 Scott looks to be the engine from a 32 volt Delco Lighting plant.

I agree. I have a bit newer Delco light plant at home in the garage that looks very similar. Almost certainly this engine is from a light plant. The cast in fins on the flywheel are a giveaway. It seems to have been converted to water cooling.

Yup, Definetly a Delco light plant engine. 1920's -30's I've worked on, been around, and moved more than my share. In my Honest Opinion, there isn't a part on that back yard built vehicle that is 1911. The wheels look like 21 inch which would make them 28-29 Model A Ford. Don't have it Judged at a car show as an orignal brass era car, you will be picked apart. It may make a fun parade vehicle. Maybe you can get the local Mayor to ride with you on Memorial day. If you paid a great deal for it, I would say that you have been misslead as to what it really is. Dandy Dave!

I paid 2 thousand 5 hundred dollars for the Scott/Ford. I am still working out the details for the Model T.

IMHO, you paid enough. Post some photos of the model T's before you buy to be sure you are getting a "real Model T".

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

$2500. I'll go out on a limb here and say that you over paid for the "Scott". The Model A parts might be worth a few dollars. Suspension and axles are still pretty abundant and don't bring a lot. The rest, who knows? You could fix it up and use it as a parade car, but, as is, it's yard art

The 26-27 Tudor looks pretty decent. I'd use the bogus "Scott" as a bit of leverage to try to get a better deal on the Ford

Edited by 58Mustang (see edit history)