12 volt a model

old car fan

........ do not see anything wrong,but his ideas

And there is the problem. You did not like his ideas, others did not like your ideas, or even mine.

So, the thread ran its course. There was nothing else that could be added that would change anything.

When threads begin repeating themselves, it's time to move on. That's why I locked it.

Wayne

With so many folks saying the same thing,leave it alone,we could have persuade him.i see no reason to end the chat,i like original cars ,12 volt ,ac nor power stering is original to a early ford ,That belongs on the hamb site ,but we ,if you did not end the post,could of prevented some on from butchering an a model.My thoughts

And, people talk about "the Model T". Henry Ford never put "the" in front of it, it was called Model T. Period writing called it Model T.

So, "The Model T put America on wheels" is not correct.

"Model T put America on wheels" is correct.

Just had to post that, think I have before.....

Guest Al Brass

Model A, but what brand? Many manufacturers had a Model A. Same goes with '32, or '34 or a V8 maybe. Those Ford people speak as if there were only one brand of car. They can't think that ..... can they? :eek:

Al ;)

And, people talk about "the Model T". Henry Ford never put "the" in front of it, it was called Model T. Period writing called it Model T.

So, "The Model T put America on wheels" is not correct.

"Model T put America on wheels" is correct.

"The Model T put America on wheels" is grammatically correct.

The definite article "the" is proper in front of Model T in that sentence.

It is proper english. The definite article the is used before a noun or pronoun to particularize it.

It is used in this sense:

The C-47 helped win the war.

You would not say: "C-47 helped win the war."

Just had to post that.

PP.

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

I really don't like it when people say "A model" instead of the proper form, "Model A." :mad:

Let's debate that for a few days.:rolleyes:

Decades ago when I first became involved with the antique cars, the mark of an old timer was that they called a Ford Model A an "A model Ford". Perhaps that was a regional thing too (mid-Atlantic area). Since then when I hear or see written "A model" I assume the source is an old codger. :)

PP, I was really not talking what is correct grammar.

If one goes back and reads literature of the time, or books about Henry Ford's life that were published early on, it will be noted that, when the car is discussed, it is always "Model T was xxxxxxxx", not "The Model T was xxxxxx".

So when I say "correct", I mean period correct for when the car was discussed when it was in production and soon after.

Does that make sense? Really not trying to make a big deal of it, it's just something I've noticed in my reading.

I've heard A Model for a long time too. When I first started looking for an old car, in 1964, any old car was called an A Model or Model A. Fords were so common in Louisiana that a lot of people thought that was the only old car out there. I actually (in Junior High School) got called a liar for saying I had a 1931 Chevrolet, as "everyone knows only Ford made cars back then..."

Pomeroy I did like the dig at "just had to post it.." fun....was afraid I might be getting into another discussion like the tire air pressure thing, glad it was light hearted!!

Pomeroy I did like the dig at "just had to post it.." fun....was afraid I might be getting into another discussion like the tire air pressure thing, glad it was light hearted!!

I did not intend to insult with the grammar stuff, the book worm/author in me just came out and I could do nothing to stop it. I have been struggling with it for years.

The problem with internet communication is that our words are not tempered by gesture or inflection, making the words seem more harsh than they really are or were intended.

Anyways I really enjoy the forum and the vast knowledge that is on tap here. I look in every single day.

Percy Pomeroy

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)