1986-1991 Buick Lesabre, Electra and Park Ave.

MarkV

I thought I would make a post to say, that these must be the best cars ever made! Easy to work on, filled to the gills with options like leather, digital climate control, and fantastic mpg, and I might add very very safe!

More pictures of the 86 PA convertible.... I have never seen that conversion and it appears to work well, How about a picture with the top up.

If others are not interested, send directly to me ..... (Barney@texas.net)

Wes, I gather that you've been checking the pick-a-part yards for parts. My Ruby Red '89 was nailed by a hit-and-run driver at my wife's workplace. I'm looking for an excellent driver's side front fender from an '87 - '89 LeSabre, preferably an '89 Limited and preferably in Ruby Red.

Also seeking some seatbelt parts.

Will you please keep me in mind as you check out the yards for parts cars? My e-mail address is: brianL@americanconstco.com

Thanks!

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

Great cars.

In particular the LeSabre T-Type and the '89 Park Avenue Ultra (sans vinyl roof, with digidash) have been high up on my wish list since they were brand-new.

...and FlatTop I'd love you to post a pic of the PA with the top up.

The "lines" on those cars were fantastic! Not cluttered or jelly-beaned, but plenty of character and distinctivness. The interiors are fantastic -- what you'd expect from BUICK back then. And that instrument panel that went "side to side", like they're supposed to do. GREAT examples of "Traditional American Luxury Motorcars"!

When the reverse-openning hood debuted on these cars, it reminded me of BMWs with similar hood set-ups. Knowing how some things go in GM, I just knew they'd be a nightmare to get adjusted or whatever. Or somebody would try to close them "wrong", but nothing like that ever seemed to happen or be an issue. All of the ones I've seen work flawlessly. Of course, having caring owners might be a plus, too.

The convertible looks especially neat! It works well with the lines of the car. Thanks for posting it!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

My uncle bought a 1990 LeSabre Custom, ruby red with a white painted top in Florida in 2001. He had it shipped to Maine for the summer and I drove him back in October. It had 62K on it, absolutely no rust. In 2006, he totaled it. It had just over 70K. I really loved that car. Great gas mileage, very comfortable. I've been sort of searching for a low mile one ever since.

Wes, I gather that you've been checking the pick-a-part yards for parts. My Ruby Red '89 was nailed by a hit-and-run driver at my wife's workplace. I'm looking for an excellent driver's side front fender from an '87 - '89 LeSabre, preferably an '89 Limited and preferably in Ruby Red.

Also seeking some seatbelt parts.

Will you please keep me in mind as you check out the yards for parts cars? My e-mail address is: brianL@americanconstco.com

Thanks!

Brian,

I finally finished a rough two week business trip, now I am wild turkey hunting. But will get back to my pick a part yard later this month and will grab as many headlamps as possible and check on your needs.

Wes, aren't you in So Cal? I'll bet you have some great pick a part yards down there.

Gee, I'm pretty sure the '86's had four headlights. It is one of four collector cars I own plus a work truck, an everyday car, and then there is my wife's car.

It is safe to bet the PA will only be driven on sunny days. Lights unimportant; originality a plus.

• 1 year later...
Guest Lesabre_

I have a transmission question involving the tcc solenoid, is there any way to by pass the intermittent check engine light that comes on when the tcc locks, and to get rid of the light for that completely?

My uncle bought a 1990 Lesabre Limited sedan in 2001 with 63K on it. Florida car, red with red velour interior, painted white roof, wire wheels, etc. For some reason, I really liked that car. Unfortunately, he totaled it in 2005 with only 73K showing. I would not mind finding a nice low mile original like it.

• 2 months later...