1947 56C Project "Can't finish unless you start"

jackofalltrades70

Funny you asked. I have NO idea! I took the too mechanism, less the parts to be chromed and the header to be powdercoated locally and showed the guy a picture of an original cars color. The header is rattle can and clear coated. The can was

a really close match. The top of the header, that always rusts through is painted with POR 15.

A project like this is one where you NEVER look/think about ALL you need to do, but take baby steps, move like a turtle, slow, but steady.

I pride myself with listing small tasks, and  then acting on one or more each day.  I'm  over 600 hours into a detailed Buick inspired 30" model with many more to go, but spending a bit of time each day is trick for me. Remember what I said many many years ago, " ROME WASN'T BUILT OVERNIGHT".  hehe

I learned during my first 13 mile foot race, NEVER look ahead for the finish line, let it come to you.

Love this build, wishing you the very best,

Dale in Indy

• Like 2

Crappy picture, but finished modifying the passenger door stainless moulding. Mine was gone and I was able to aquire this one from a two door. The doors are a bit longer on a two door, so I cut and re-bent. This piece was pretty bashed up in a couple spots. I happy with it. Also worked on double flaring some lines for the convertible top cylinders. Tomorrow I hope to installthe cylinders and finish up the line fabrication.

post-114311-0-12627900-1453174998_thumb.

• Like 2

Have been working very little on the car as music concerts and Cub Scouts with my kids have been eating up a lot of time. But, I wouldn't miss any of those things.

Most of the sound deadener is installed on the floors and still need to finish two hudraulic lines and then I will be done with that part.

I finally had a decent enough day and put the windshield in. Proud to say that I think

i did well.

post-114311-0-19177900-1454282536_thumb.

• Like 2

Steele is where I bought all of my rubber seals. I too agree, bad design installing windshields from inside, but I guess I was lucky. My stainless trim slipped right in on the outside and when put windshield in, just had to hold the bottom section of stainless down while I tightened the chrome molding on the inside.

Took about 2 hrs by myself.

• Like 1

I was able to roll the car out of the garage today. Finally was able to install the fuel pump. Started installing the passenger side trim down the fender and door pontoons. As the car is coming together, I asked my wife what we should name her. The name "La Trujis" was chosen. My wife has always disliked the car, but now is falling in love with it.

post-114311-0-60741000-1454897082_thumb.

post-114311-0-24408600-1454897136_thumb.

• Like 3

A whole day in the garage except for a couple hours here and there. The drivers door is complete with vent window frame and window. Also set the main door glass in it's frame and installed it in the door. Door panels fit nicely, just have to finish attaching and still need to final sand and buff the door trim that runs along top of the door panel.

Also managed to mount the convertible top back on it's feet. Bolted the header back on and installed the top mechanism. I will install the rest of the chromed irons in the car. I now have the garage clean enough that I work in socks when in the car on the new carpeting.

Started putting the rear bumper together around 7 and got too tired to finish.

And so it goes....

post-114311-0-14752200-1455501737_thumb.

post-114311-0-67002900-1455501796_thumb.

post-114311-0-70316100-1455501826_thumb.

• Like 1