Roy Brister

Guest Backyardmechanic

Guest Backyardmechanic

Hello

I just got word the Roy Brister was killed tonight in a car accent.Roy swerved and roll his car.For any one not knowing Roy he was a Dodge Brothers parts supplier of use and new parts.

Roy got his start in the DB parts business after buying out Gil Belcher in 1999.

This will be a big dent in the Dodge Brothers parts supplies.

Vern.

Guest Backyardmechanic
Vern: Do you have an address. The Dodge Owners lost a great person.

Jan'

Not yet we are trying to get more detail will post when we do.

Vern

Guys,

We are all saddened by the untimely demise of the original Roy Brister and reminded of the fleeting of life. I understand there is to be a 'Celebration of Life' this Sat. in Batesville at 11:00 AM. Anyone so inclined would send a rememberence to the Hayes Truck Museum in Calif. This was Roy's favorite institution.

Having spoken to Roy Jr. I understand he intends to continue filling orders and running the business. They have many new parts coming in and a soon-to-be website.

Let us all keep Roy in our hearts and minds and wish Roy Jr. all the best and Keep 'em Dodgin'.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Never met the man face-to-face but I always enjoyed talking to him. He was very helpful, informative and you could just tell he was the kind of person you wanted to be associated with.

My condolences to the family in this difficult time.

I propose that we do a 'rememberance' thread so all can express their loss and the contribution that he made to each of us. This could then be presented to the family. Many times you just don't how many people your actions/help really effects.

BRISTER, Roy Turner

Age 63, of Batesville, Arkansas died Tuesday, December 15, 2009 in an automobile accident. Born on April 1, 1946 in Woodland, California, he was the son of Onlis Charles Brister and Rilla Fruit Brister. He was retired from the state of California where he worked as an analyst. He graduated from McClatchy High School and American River College both in Sacramento, CA. Roy was active in many car and truck related activities including the Batesville's River City Cruisers, the Am Historical Truck Society, the Dodge Brothers Club and the Hays Truck Museum in Woodland, CA. He sold antique parts for Dodges manufactured from 1914 to 1926 and helped many get their cars on the road and running. He was preceded in death by his parents. Survivors include his wife, Carol Eierman Rader Brister of Batesville; two sons, Roy Lacy Brister of Batesville and Drew Brister and his wife, Ruth of Oakridge, OR; sister, Ann Babcock and her husband, Ben of Florida; one brother, Lee Brister and his wife, Maggie of Sacramento, CA; brother-in-law, Jim Funk and sister-in-law, Marilynn Leachy; brother-in-law, Bill Eierman and his wife, Carol Kunkle and two grandchildren, Kyliann and Turner Brister. Services are Sat., Dec. 19, 11am, at the Willis Funeral Service Chapel in Batesville with Brian Ryals officiating. A private interment will be held at a later date. Visitation is Friday evening from 5-7pm. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Hays Truck Museum in Woodland, CA

post-48869-143138148049_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest designruby

Hi, I'm Ruth, Roy's daughter-in-law. We are currently working on a photo collection of Roy's life. If you have ANY images of Roy or his vehicles over the past MANY years... please email them to me at designruby@yahoo.com

Feel free to share my email address to any club members who many have images to share. If you have printed images, you can email me about them and I can give you a mailing address to send them to... they will be returned, promise.

Our family thanks you for all your well wishes and hopes to see you again at the next big car show. (We were just at Keizer with him.)

-Ruth