Getting IN and out of Reattas

Reattatude

Granted Reatta is nice size for a two passenger car, but do you find it fairly easy or difficult to get in and out of your car? I know this is subjective and depend a lot on an indivduals stature and weight! :P and ahem...age :rolleyes:

But would be interestng to see the stats among owners - and also IF you have any tips you can share that makes your ingress and egress a little easier by all means share!

As for me - its easiler to get in, than get out - I find myself kicking the door panels if not careful...and the previous owner did also going by the scuffs they left behind - :eek:.

With my left arm grasping the top I use that for leverage when gettng out and that seems to make getting out of the seat a bit easier.

I'm a big man, 6'1" 270lbs. Old enough to be retired. I don't have any problems.

To get in: Sit down in the seat facing the left side of the car. Swivel 90 degrees as you put your feet in the floor board.

To get out: Swivel around 90 degrees left and place feet flat on the ground. Lean forward and stand up. Sometimes I feel I need help to stand up and I place my hand on the door sill an push off.

Guest Richard D

I am 6'3" and my biggest problem is leaning out far enough to grab the door strap to pull it closed. Maybe I'm getting old, NAH!

Guest alex_houston

Before breaking my leg I never gave the issue a thought. Now the pain doesn't let me forget I am very low when getting out of the Reatta.

Regardless they are still nice cars, pain or not.

Guest mongeonman

I am 6feet 4 inches,just had back surgery 6 week ago and getting in and out easily the same wayRonnie does.

Two weeks ago today I had 12" of my colon removed due to cancer. As part of my "feel good" therapy, I did not take any Vicodin for pain, but take ibuprofin for the pain so I could drive my Reatta sooner [started driving this week]. I at first used Ronnies style, but now am happy to say that I have started getting out of my car the traditional way. I am 6'2" 225 lbs. age 52.

BTW the cancer was stage 2 and the Surgeon is confident he got it all...

Guest C.F.Massie

Gee Dave I didn't know you were sick in the first place. Glad to hear you got good news from the Doc, I'm sure we will all keep you in our prayers.

I'm only 5"9" 175# so I never had any issue with getting in and out of my Reatta until I had triple bypass surgery this past February. It was slow getting in and out for a couple of months but now I just do it like I used to, sure the Reatta sits low for a luxury type vehicle but at least the doors are extremely larger than most. I'm 61 and I understand the difficulty getting in and out of a car when we get to the senior ages but I believe the Reatta is still pretty easy, at least its not like my other Sports cars, now they are more difficult for those of us with many miiles on us.;)

Thanks for the nice comments. I am well on my way to a full recovery. As a matter of fact, on Monday I went junking. My brother carried my tools and then carried both the tools and the parts we grabbed. [i had to pull them. It was easy as they were all electronic dash parts]. My Dr. said I was to walk every day, he didn't say where!. He was a good pack mule!

Funny thing about having a cancer. They do not do the surgery immediatly, so you have time to think;

What happens if the situation becomes dire? Did I set up my family well? How much time will I have? How will I spend my last days? Do I make up a bucket list of things I always wanted to do? How much will that cost and how will that affect the family's finances? How hard do I fight? Do I look for experimental treatment, or do I accept the fact that this is it? Then the "Who is to get my stuff when I am gone"?

I am so glad that none of this came to pass.

Thanks again and sorry to steal the post.

Ronnie, I also responded to your e-mail/PM. Hopefully you got it...

The 93 Rivi is pretty low too (especially compared to the 54's) so I can sorta relate to this survey so I'll add my .02 worth. I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 (down from 280 and brag about it every chance I get ;)). No problem gettin in, just sit down and turn 90 degrees. I've only had my Rivi for a few weeks but have found that when getting out it helps to put my left hand at the rear bottom corner of the door opening and my right hand on the left middle of the steering wheel and push up just a little when I go to stand up. I love how wide the door opens and room it has to make getting in and out as comfortable as it is.

Guest Cedrider

! am 6'1". With the roominess of this vehicle, I don't have a problem in or out. However, I swing my right leg in and sometimes place the right elbow on the driver's side pillar as I get in. The reach does seem far away to the handle to close. Getting out it's almost the reverse. Except when it's raining, no elbow on the pillar.

Guest Squire Tom

i find that the rake of the seat helps entry and exit , something like those old people chairs you see on tv. if the seat in the car is raked for comfort , exiting is difficult.

63 , 6'0 180 or so.

Guest Kitskaboodle

Getting in or out of Reatta's is a piece of cake.

Getting in or out of a Fiero is a different ballgame

with them having aggresive side bolsters and a/c

vents that hit your knees.

As a rule, it's better to go in rear first and then swing

your legs around and into the footwell. That's how I

do it. :)

Kit

I used MargaReattaville as a daily driver, work car one or two summers. That means I was in and out of her as many as 15 times a day. Sometimes I wondered why anyone would want one of these cars. But as a evening/weekends only car____No Problem

The Reatta is down low to get in and out of, but not as bad as a new Corvette. Getting in and out of my sons Mitsu 3000GT is a pain. I am 6'2 and 58 and a big guy, but like driving the Reatta, so getting in and out is just a minor complaint for me.

Guest jcc3inc

I had a '99 Camaro that I didn't like; I couldn't see either the front or back - all I saw was the WS wipers. Getting in and out was not as easy as the Reatta.

Regards,

Jack C.

Guest DTerry

The monster doors make it difficult unless you're parked out by yourself. In a parking lot, there's not enough room to open them fully; consequently I frequently drag my foot across the speaker cloth. I'm only 5'10" and 160.:o