Year, Make, Model, Any info please

Alison W.

I'm trying to find out anything about this vehicle. I'm doing family research and think if I know more about the vehicle and/or the license plate it will help me. I have no idea if it is American made or made in another country. The year made. What it was used for, etc. I appreciate any help. Thank you!

jeep.jpg

29 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Looks like a late 1920s or early 1930s bus.

Agreed.  I don't know of any passenger cars of the era wide enough for side-by-side spare wheels, especially of that size--which is itself a clue.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! All good information.  Do any of you think it is American? My grandfather is not the one in the original photograph. I'll attach another photo here. He is the 6th from the right. I feel like they were on a family outing/tour somewhere, but you can see how many people were traveling in the vehicle. My grandfather lived/visited NY, Quebec, England and Italy. There is another photo from this same trip that makes me think it could be in Southern Italy. The terrain looks like Italy when I researched it. Do any of you think this vehicle could be Italian? What about the license plate? Maybe that's the key to finding out more. Thanks again! 

family.jpg

Based on your grandfather''s age in this photo, what date do you put on it?

Only one man is wearing a hat. That might put it into the mid or late '30s? The clothes are perhaps mid to late '30s. One lad is in two parts of a three piece suit with white saddles on his shoes. Only one man is wearing a tie too.

What state did your grandfather live in? That might be a good place to start on the license plate, although it is well out of focus.

2 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Based on your grandfather''s age in this photo, what date do you put on it?

Only one man is wearing a hat. That might put it into the mid or late '30s? The clothes are perhaps mid to late '30s. One lad is in two parts of a three piece suit with white saddles on his shoes. Only one man is wearing a tie too.

What state did your grandfather live in? That might be a good place to start on the license plate, although it is well out of focus.

Yes the plate is a good place to start. It appears to have the extra info on it typical of an American 'state' plate.

Bloo's pic is a good match for the mouldings around the body, although the rear window is different. Most buses had bodies built by various coachbuilders and this could be a different make chassis from the same coachbuilder.

I reckon the bus is American.