Mr. Willys got a bath today!

victorialynn2

My first antique car was a Jeepster. In retrospect I would have to say that Jeepsters are a good first car. They are straight forward to work on and don’t cost an arm and a leg. They also draw a lot of interest from the general public. To top it off, they are a blast to drive. Zeke

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Looks like that drivers side rear tire sat flat for a long time.:( Nice looking car, be careful with that rear tire.

I wouldn’t drive on any of those old tires. That one holds air for about a day. Lol. 

I found a Hudson book that I set aside to send to you. PM your address if you’d like it. Someday I will dig out picks of my father’s Pickups. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also wanted to let you all know, that thanks to a member’s huge help, @JACK M, we had a very successful sale! The shop is getting close to empty. I even sold the Lincoln on the eBay auction that ended yesterday. 

I just have a few large items left that I can sell online, so we don’t even have to have open the sale today. 

What’s left:

4 Flathead engines, Corvair parts, 2002 Teardrop Trailer to pull behind motorcycle or car, drill press, steam cleaner, wood shredder, armoire, etc. plus a few more trips to the dump and more burning of old paperwork. 

I’ll haul the Willys home and plan to sell it and the 55 Chevy. I just have the ‘63 Spyder and related parts to rehome to Oregon. 

Thanks to so many for helping me along the way, and for keeping my spirits up when I couldn’t see the forest for the trees. It’s hard to see my fathers shop so empty, but it’s time to look forward and let go of the past!

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Mr. Willys looks pretty good washed up, all shinny like he is he should sell pretty quick and congrats on selling the Lincoln.

Cleaning out dads place isn't easy, on the bright side his place is in Texas and when you get back to Oregon, you won't be driving past it on your way into town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

He’s shiny from water. The reality is he can use another wash, a clay bar treatment then a polish but he will clean up real nice!

I should look so good after a bath!  Congratulations on the sale. Glad all went well. You may be leaving the garage behind but you will always have great memories and stories to tell about it. That’s the best legacy your dad can leave you. 

Be careful on the drive back north if you are hauling the car you May run into some goofy weather. 

Dave S 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

I also wanted to let you all know, that thanks to a member’s huge help, @JACK M, we had a very successful sale! The shop is getting close to empty. I even sold the Lincoln on the eBay auction that ended yesterday. 

I just have a few large items left that I can sell online, so we don’t even have to have open the sale today. 

What’s left:

4 Flathead engines, Corvair parts, 2002 Teardrop Trailer to pull behind motorcycle or car, drill press, steam cleaner, wood shredder, armoire, etc. plus a few more trips to the dump and more burning of old paperwork. 

I’ll haul the Willys home and plan to sell it and the 55 Chevy. I just have the ‘63 Spyder and related parts to rehome to Oregon. 

Thanks to so many for helping me along the way, and for keeping my spirits up when I couldn’t see the forest for the trees. It’s hard to see my fathers shop so empty, but it’s time to look forward and let go of the past!

Based on the variety of vehicles you have shown, you Dad has a very wide interest. 

I'm certain he would be very proud of you, V.L., for the efforts you have applied and the success you have achieved ..... during a difficult time in his life AND your life, as well.

Please P.M. me with whatever CORVAIR parts you are willing to sell.

• Like 1