The Riview Vol.33 no.6 Nov./Dec.

Chimera

I just got the new edition in the mail today, which I always look forward to.

I just wanted to give credit to Ray Knott and all others that contribute to the RoA mag., The Riview. Just this magazine alone is worth the reasonable cost to become a member IMO. What a great resource. Love the RoA!

Awesome and sleek cover with a 71 Grill of a black GS. AND a hot 66 with turbine wheel covers (trending!) on back. Unmatched...

PS. Grill is of my 71 not from magazine.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 2.12.34 AM.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chimera said:

Just this magazine alone is worth the reasonable cost to become a member

I whole heartedly concur!

On a related note, I hope to have an article about the Aqua Zephyr in The Riview in the near future.

Edited by NCRiviera (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

Just this magazine alone is worth the reasonable cost to become a member IMO. What a great resource. Love the RoA!

I absolutely agree, I love this mag very much too and Ray Knott is doing an amazing job!!! We're often in contact and for me,  it's a great honor and a such a pleasure to know him and to be able to do some humble contributions to the Riview. This is a big satisfaction for me,  I never thought Ray would ask me to do that!
The ROA is for me the best and coolest source of information for Rivieras on the planet!!!  :wub: :D

33 minutes ago, NCRiviera said:

On a related note, I hope to have an article about the Aqua Zephyr in The Riview in the near future.

I look forward to read about that cool Aqua Zephyr, Mike! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

I just got the new edition in the mail today, which I always look forward to.

I just wanted to give credit to Ray Knott and all others that contribute to the RoA mag., The Riview. Just this magazine alone is worth the reasonable cost to become a member IMO. What a great resource. Love the RoA!

Awesome and sleek cover with a 71 Grill of a black GS. AND a hot 66 with turbine wheel covers (trending!) on back. Unmatched...

PS. Grill is of my 71 not from magazine.

Whats goin on with your '71?

Keep us posted

• Like 1

As a charter member I have seen the ROA grow and prosper since its inception.  I have every issue of the newsletters and Riviews and it is interesting to compare the original typed by hand and photocopied newsletters to the publication that we have today.  I have been a member of other clubs over the years and enjoyed the publications that were distributed but the Riview stands out over the others.  The enthusiastic membership makes a big difference and Ray Knott as well as the current and former board of director members deserve a big hand.  Collectively, it has enabled us to "share the pride" which was and still is the mission of the ROA.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

As a charter member I have seen the ROA grow and prosper since its inception.  I have every issue of the newsletters and Riviews and it is interesting to compare the original typed by hand and photocopied newsletters to the publication that we have today.  I have been a member of other clubs over the years and enjoyed the publications that were distributed but the Riview stands out over the others.  The enthusiastic membership makes a big difference and Ray Knott as well as the current and former board of director members deserve a big hand.  Collectively, it has enabled us to "share the pride" which was and still is the mission of the ROA.

I absolutely concur Pat !

In addition to ROA #1, it's the active participation of the membership at large ' sharing the pride'  in whatever way they can, that makes a big difference !

Thank you Ray, and all the past, present and future participants in keeping the ROA moving ahead on the right track.

The ROA  Riv iew certainly keeps the membership up to date, and is a quality publication !

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank you all for your kind comments. Even after 33 years I still enjoy preparing the Riview and with the help of many we have kept the ROA  alive and well.

However, I regret to announce that DeWayne Ashmead, the owner of the '71 on the recent cover and the three-page showcase, passed away this past weekend.

Ray Knott

• Like 2

Sad news indeed Ray, but not so surprising.

Over the 33 years we have lost many of our dedicated members and friends in the ROA fgamily.

I believe it is just part of 'sharing the pride' as we grow older !

RIP DeWayne, and condolences to his family.

17 hours ago, 68RIVGS said:

Sad news indeed Ray, but not so surprising.

Over the 33 years we have lost many of our dedicated members and friends in the ROA fgamily.

I believe it is just part of 'sharing the pride' as we grow older !

RIP DeWayne, and condolences to his family.

RIP Mr. Ashmead

Memorial page:

http://www.lindquistmortuary.com/notices/HDeWayne-Ashmead

We could sign the condolences page. 

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 2