MY DREAM GARAGE!

When my wife and I decided to retire, we knew we had to do something with all my cars and assorted stuff. We already owned another home in Meadows of Dan, Virginia. That was on 15 acres so we decided to build a large car barn there. We call it our "Carriage House". I designed it to blend in with our home and had a commercial metal building company build it. It is 45x50x12 clear span, with one 12x10 overhead door. It is fully insulated to 32-36R, has an epoxied concrete floor, and is dehumidified. So far, we have 4 cars and our 1952 Ford 8N Tractor, and lots of toys and art work in our carriage house. Here are some photos:

017.JPG

020.JPG

030.JPG

007.JPG

Edited by Peter Zobian
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife and I were in Chino Valley AZ last April looking for a retirement property and came across a nice 2 year old Arizona style 1800 sq ft ranch on 6 acres with a 40x80 fully insulated, heat and air conditioned shop. $280,000! I talked to the owner and he told me he restores antique buses which is why the size of the building. And, he’s moving to a place with same everything but space to build a shop twice the size. Every body with a shop runs out of room me included. I keep thinking if I start selling stuff I don’t need it might help,but then I’ll figure out a way to fill it back up.My 30 x40 with 16 ft eaves cost about 11,000 with me doing a lot of the work. 2, 14 x10 doors room for 3 plus motorcycle and small tractor. Same siding as the house.Nothing beats going out there in the morning and turning on the lights and stereo and getting to work on my old cars. Love it.

Edited by RiKi5156B
Change text (see edit history)
  • Like 1