National Anthem

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

A new member I recruted called me last night and was vary upsit that Hershey did not play our National Anthem. I told him to call HQ. and make the suggestion for next year. Seamed like a resonable request to me,how about it Hershey? I hear no golf carts bikes and unauth. vech. 40 or 50 times a day from Tues. to end of show/meet,is there a reason the Anthem is not played ???

The national anthem being played at 11 am (hershey 10am) at every meet would be great. everyone should be on the field by then. It would let everyone on the field know that it is time for the judging to begin so car onwers can go back to thier car if they want to be with it when the judges get there, ALL the judging teams would start at the same time instead of one starting say 5 minutes early because the team captain has the only watch and it's five minutes fast, etc. I'm all for it!!

Last time I looked, Hershey is still in the UNITED STATES.

National anthems are not part of political correctness.....

Oh, by the way, if Hershey REALLY wanted to make it look first class, they could have an honor guard unit from a local base, post or ROTC unit at a nearby college or university post the colors and then play the national anthem.

Fairness?

This is the United States Of America as Reatta Man says. Political Correctness is a bunch of bull and is causing a lot of the problems that we are having in this country.

National Anthem at Hershey....YES!

I attended a show in the Buffalo area this past summer run by the Kiwanis Club, they had an Honor Guard and played the National Anthem. Everybody, US Residents, Citizens and Canadians appreciated it.

Stevo

2008_0810_122004AA.JPG

Maybe a little off topic but, who is the guy who makes announcements all day. He certainly has a unique voice, and has been doing it for as long as I can remember.

greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In all fairness where would you draw the line??

</div></div>

In all fairness, guests to our country should also quietly respect the playing of their host's National anthem. Just as we would respect theirs........Bob

Count Bill and I in also for the playing of the National Anthem. It goes right along with the prayer and Pledge of Alligiance at the judge's breakfast. No one is required to particiate in those two activities, but they should show respect for our country and those that want to particiate by remaining silent while it is going on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bhigdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saluting is correct for former military guys/ladies. I remove my hat and put my hand over my heart to try to give a hint by example to the ignorant or uncaring who do neither.......Bob </div></div>

I'm no major flag waver, but I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how many people keep gabbing during the anthem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Wolk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm no major flag waver, but I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how many people keep gabbing during the anthem. </div></div>

One big reason is that many children do not start their day at school the way we did. They are not being trained on a five day a week basis what all of it means. I personally find that very sad. frown.gif

If there was one good thing that came out of 9/11 it is that the AACA added a prayer and the <span style="font-style: italic">Pledge of Allegiance </span>to the start of the judge's breakfast. Was it last year that they were running short on time and dispensed with it? There sure was an uproar over that!!! eek.gif Good for us. smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, by the way, if Hershey REALLY wanted to make it look first class, they could have an honor guard unit from a local base, post or ROTC unit at a nearby college or university post the colors and then play the national anthem. </div></div>Are you volunteering to take care of that for them next year??