Chromers in Central New Jersey?

6219_Rules

I am looking for local chrome houses in Central New Jersey. Does anyone have any they can recommend that do first rate jobs?

A freind had his front bumper done from a '58 Cadillac five years ago, stored it until the car was finished and now the chrome has deteriorated. How is that possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I purchased a semi-basket 1948 Continental that had the chrome done some 12 years ago. I have yet to put it under a magnifying glass but it sure seems that it is all in great shape from the bumpers to the trunk lid hinges. Stored in bubble wrap (the bumpers) and newspaper in a hot Floriduh attic (there is no other type of attic in Floriduh by the way). I think you freind got a quickie Tiajauna chrome job.

Did I ever mention the girl, 50 feet of garden hose and the chrome trailer ball? grin.gif

The closest place to you that I've found to do good work is Procino Plating in Blades, DE. It is just outside of Seaford, DE, pretty close to Southern NJ. Lately, I've been having my chrome done at Space Coast Plating in Melbourne, FL and I think they do good work.

Franklin Plating in North East Philadelphia - Quality work if you don't care what it cost. Librandi in PA also excellent and reasonable. I used BumperBoys -in California. Good Service and Good Work on my 57 T-Bird bumpers. You can pre-arrange and exchange at shows like Hershey and Carlisle to save on shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used BumperBoys -in California. Good Service and Good Work on my 57 T-Bird bumpers. You can pre-arrange and exchange at shows like Hershey and Carlisle to save on shipping. </div></div>

Just wondering how long ago you used their service? No one I know who has used them in the last six years has been satisfied. I know of many examples (mostly bought at Charlotte AutoFairs) that started pitting and peeling less than a year after the work was done. Or do they do a lesser quality job on their swap meet bumpers vs a commissioned job?

I can also vouch for TriCity, but they do only bumpers now. They quit the small parts and potmetal about two years ago.

Re: Bumper Boyz

Used them about 1995-1996 I believe. No pits - no flakes - no tarnish to date. (almost 10 years)

They did lose one piece on me but they made good on it with no hastle.

Wish more busineses were so accomodating.

Guest Skyking

Dave, I know what a Florida L.B. is. The wife & I drove up from Sarasota back to Daytona one year with my LeBaron. Had to stop 4 times to clean the windshield. When I got home the front of the LeBaron looked as though it was wearing a bra........Took quite a while to clean them off.