Now that Santa's gone, What car related gifts did you get?

Guest Skyking

I received an engine stand, a set of car dollies, a set of good jack stands, and a 1964 Imperial Crown Coupe. Nice straight car, runs great, has 79000 miles.Oh boy, another project!!!!!

A '56 Buick Special 2dr hardtop that arrived before Christmas, and a '38 Buick Y-Job Boat tail roadster, plus a woodie stake truck. The Y-Job was given to me by my wife. It's black with wide white tires, just like when Harley Earl drove it, but mine is a beautiful model. The truck is also a model that my daughter gave me, but the '56 Buick runs and drives. Santa arrived early in a big green tractor trailer truck. He was working part time for Passport Transport to get money to feed his reindeer I guess. smile.gif

Thanks. The old girl photographs well. That was an E-Bay find! Surprised the hell out of me when we got it started and it just purred like a kitten!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Well- I did pretty well. The 89 Crown Vic SW repainting is sked for next week; I recieved all of the engine overhaul parts for the 56 Cadillac; and got all of the remaining chrome pieces from the 70 Electra and a large grouping of them from the Cadillac off for rechroming.

Not a bad Christmas!

Have a great "motoring" New Year!

cool.gif

Guest DeSoto Frank

Do "self-gifted" presents count? smirk.gif

Well, whether or not Santa had anything to do with it, Monday before Christmas,

my long awaited Miller MT-16 Caster/Camber gauge set (circa 1936) arrived, still in its black wrinkle-finish metal box, complete with instruction sheet still glued to the lid. grin.gif

Now I just have to get the De Soto's front-end overhauled and the garage floor levelled so I can use my new "toy" !

(I guess the Miller control arm spreader and Miller brake gauge set are on "back-order"... smirk.gif)

I got a Porter Cable 6" sander polisher. And a surprise visit from a nephew who lives on the West Coast, that may not be car related but he drove (a car) to my house from the airport wink.gif

greg

Hi !

From my girlfriend I got a great book : Those wonderful old automobiles by Floyd Clymer. It is from 1953 and there are a lot of photos, facts, jokes, cartoons, ads and much more in it about the cars in USA up to the 30s.

Also a calendar with old Cadillac car ads from the 50s. All "glamour" ads...

Regrads

Tom

The book "Selling the new Ford 1927-1931" by Jim Schild. A Model A shop coat and a flourescent shop light with a magnifying glass "so I can see what I'm doing in 2004"... smirk.gif Guess all my different sets of specs lying around the house gave someone a hint... or maybe all the wrapped fingers and thumbs after working on a project told them something. All that was on the card was "so you can see what you're doing in 2004!" crazy.gif No Name! Hum-m-m-m-m? Maybe my surgeon? or the guy in the emergency room...