Greenfield village old car festival

ramair

Hi all, just checking to see if any of you are bringing your collector car to Greenfield Village tomorrow (Sunday), if so let me know what your bringing so I can wave and hopefully say hello.

i rarely get East and ended up here in Michigan this week and found out my trip coincided with what appears to be a fun event

• Like 3

One of the best events out there.  I have my 1920 Cole there and have been driving it around all day yesterday and will today as well.  I talked to several members of the forum yesterday that are there as well.

IMG_0002.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I finally got to meet Kevin yesterday and he gave me a great presentation of his Cole's features.  I also met Larry Schramm, who was there with his 1913 Buick touring.  I ran out of time to see everything but will head back today and post pictures.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kfle said:

One of the best events out there.  I have my 1920 Cole there and have been driving it around all day yesterday and will today as well.  I talked to several members of the forum yesterday that are there as well.

IMG_0002.png

Kevin, saw your car driving around, looks sharp, ran so well it seems like you never stopped long enough for me to say hi.  I saw a few friends from the East coast drive by and looked at almost all the cars I could get to and recognized a lot of names,  recognized more Buick and Packard cars that have belonged to others over the years. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

I finally got to meet Kevin yesterday and he gave me a great presentation of his Cole's features.  I also met Larry Schramm, who was there with his 1913 Buick touring.  I ran out of time to see everything but will head back today and post pictures.  

It was great talking to you on Saturday.   Overall this years OCF was an excellent event.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ramair said:

Kevin, saw your car driving around, looks sharp, ran so well it seems like you never stopped long enough for me to say hi.  I saw a few friends from the East coast drive by and looked at almost all the cars I could get to and recognized a lot of names,  recognized more Buick and Packard cars that have belonged to others over the years. 

Yes, the Cole was driving almost non stop on Saturday and today.   Lots of fun driving around the village and I was giving rides to lots of people to let them experience the car.  Also, gave several spectators rides who have never driven in an early car.  What a great experience for them and this is what the hobby is all about.

Sorry I missed you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Old Car Festival is for people having a a great time with pre 1933 vehicles and visitors who would like to join us.

Regards, Gary

DSC_1845g.JPG

DSC_1594g.JPG

DSC_1750g.JPG

DSC_1706l.JPG

DSC_1617h.JPG

DSC_1618l.JPG

DSC_1636j.JPG

DSC_1619g.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

If you like "Old" cars this is the event you want to go to in my view. I flew out to see it for the first time last year, on my bucket list is to attend with one of my cars, a cool 30 hours driving one way.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 8:47 AM, Jim Skelly said:

Larry Schramm and the 2 cars that he brought to do the Lansing to Dearborn run. 1912 Model T and his 1913 Buick model 31.

DSC01509.JPG.14fcbfc7edb46e75d5b1f2f8c827af73.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

1917 Gray Dort

made in Chatham, Ontario

DSCN4394.JPG

I drove this one around in the grass field for a few minutes on Saturday with my dad, my kids, and the owner in the back. First time driving a leather cone clutch, took some getting used to.

Thanks for the photos, Jim.

• Like 4