2024 Recommended Restaurants while at Fall Hershey

Every year there is a discussion page regarding area restaurants for dining while at Fall Hershey, so any recommendations of favorites, or any new establishments, are welcomed by out-of-towners who might know the terrain from years past, but may be unaware of some places.   Also, information on any eateries that have closed would also be helpful.  

One restaurant that we discovered last year is Mangia Mangia Italian Grill, just south of town on PA 743 (Elizabethtown Rd).   They even serve carbonara there, which is getting harder to find, even at good Italian restaurants.  They also have a friendly and accommodating staff.

Yes, any other good restaurants. I usually go to Iron Hill brewery food is decent the alcohol is good 

We have some new restaurants this year.  There is a Greek restuarant, Simply Greek at the old Dafnos location next to Smoked/Fuddruckers on 422.  Also there is yet another Indian fusion restaurant downtown called Tikka Shak.  Next to the park by the entrance to Wendy's, Red Robbin & Dunkin is a restaurant called Savory right on the corner. Also, next to the Lodge is a new Mexican restuarant (formerly Your Place). 

• Like 1

For a true local attraction, it's hard to beat a pit beef sandwich at Parkside Hotel. This establishment is just a pub with decent bar food and a juke box, which accounts for the  slogan, "No Vacancy Ever."

We found out last year that the Hershey VFW opens its doors during the Fall Meet to everyone and has some great dinner specials each night.  They are at 883 Old Chocolate Ave. Don’t miss the ladies by the door with great baked goodies. 

• 3 weeks later...

This came up in a conversation I had not long ago, about what I’ve heard is supposed to be a fantastic buffet; it is the Shady Maple Smorgasbord, about an hour southeast of Hershey Park on US 322, in East Earl, near Blue Ball (don’t you love those Pennsylvania Dutch town names?!)

My concern is that the place reportedly closes at 7:30 pm, and given the drive time, I wonder if anyone has gone there straight from the swap meet and had enough time to enjoy their dinner.

Answers appreciated!

On 8/29/2024 at 8:39 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

We have some new restaurants this year.  There is a Greek restuarant, Simply Greek at the old Dafnos location next to Smoked/Fuddruckers on 422.  Also there is yet another Indian fusion restaurant downtown called Tikka Shak.  Next to the park by the entrance to Wendy's, Red Robbin & Dunkin is a restaurant called Savory right on the corner. Also, next to the Lodge is a new Mexican restuarant (formerly Your Place). 

We looked forward to eating at least once or twice during our stay in Hershey at Dafnos. When did they close?

Frank

3 hours ago, starfireelvis said:

This came up in a conversation I had not long ago, about what I’ve heard is supposed to be a fantastic buffet; it is the Shady Maple Smorgasbord, about an hour southeast of Hershey Park on US 322, in East Earl, near Blue Ball (don’t you love those Pennsylvania Dutch town names?!)

My concern is that the place reportedly closes at 7:30 pm, and given the drive time, I wonder if anyone has gone there straight from the swap meet and had enough time to enjoy their dinner.

Answers appreciated!

We go to Shady Maple grocery store about once a month. In fact my wife was supposed to go today but put it off until tomorrow. The restaurant and the grocery store are right beside. We have eaten at the smorgasbord once. It is HUGE! I cannot remember the price but I dont think it was objectionable. All of the food was very good. If you like a smorgasbord then I would recommend it. By huge I mean both the food lines are very large and it seats probably 500 people!  I think you do get your moneys worth. It is a bit of a distance from Hershey but if one is staying there all week it may be a nice break. The drive through Lancaster Co. is very nice. 

If you get there before the Grocery store closes its worth your while to stop in and visit the bakery. Best donuts you will ever find!

• Like 1