For Sale: 1941 Hudson Short Bed Pickup Truck - $43,500 - Ventura, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Hudson Short Bed Pickup Truck - $43,500 - Ventura, CA

1941 Hudson Pickup for sale by owner - Ventura, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1941 Hudson Short Bed Pickup Truck
This Hudson Pickup came out of "JIM'S BUGGYS", a 40+ year personal car collection of my grandfathers. This truck has set in my grandfather's museum here in Ventura, California since the day he bought it. This truck is in great condition, and I would say, it is in ABOVE driver quality and shows very well.
• The paint and body on this Hudson are VERY CLEAN and SHINY, I would give it solid 7.5/8 out of 10. It does have some chips, and imperfections but is NOT a rusty truck.
• The tailgate on this truck is in EXCELLENT shape, as you might know, most of these tailgates on other trucks are beat up or missing.
• Chrome / Brightwork on this truck is exceptional /near perfect.
• All glass is in great shape
• Comes with Full Factory Rear Wheel Well Skirts (see picture)
• The inside of the bed is oak and in great condition
• The interior as you can see in the pictures is very complete and in great condition.
• I have driven this truck 4 or 5 times and the truck runs and drives well. The clutch seems to need some type of adjustment but I'm not familiar with the clutch on these Hudsons, as I understand they have some type of fluid in them.
• I have recently went through the mechanicals of the truck, including rebuilding the carburetor, replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, filters and had the tank cleaned.
• I have also gone through the brake system as well, including replacing the master cylinder.
• The clutch and transmission shift very smooth and go down the road nice and quietly.
I've put about 30 miles on it, and I feel you could get in this truck and drive it around and go to shows without any problems.  $43,500 or Best Reasonable Offer. Please feel free to reach out with any questions and I will answer them the best I can. odometer: 10,615
Copy and paste in your email: 6d1ef6e60299382aae2f0044f8c69739@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Hudson Short Bed Pickup Truck.

'41 Hudson Pickup CA a.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA b.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA c.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA d.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA e.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA f.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA g.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA h.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA i.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA j.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA k.jpg

'41 Hudson Pickup CA l.jpg

• Like 2

"it is in ABOVE driver quality" ... looks nice but $43,500?    Is any '41 Hudson truck worth that? . 

I know the Hudsonians here will have an answer! 

That lone tail light is a run in the back accident just waiting to happen with today’s distracted drivers.  I sure hope there is more warning lights than just that one that can be used during driving. It is a great looking vehicle.

Yes the trucks can bring that number. Definitely top dollar for a restored one, unless in a prominent collection sold at auction. Modified trucks updated with modern engines and suspensions can and will bring higher numbers. $175,000 is the highest number I have seen one sell for. A 37 Terraplane, then returned to auction, and selling for $135,000. If my memory is correct.

• Thanks 1

That’s a beautiful truck. It’s nice to see one that’s not messed up with car bling. This ( other than paint ,which I love ) is pretty much how it left the factory. 
the fender skirts need to go behind the garage and stay there. 

• Haha 1

ALL of Hudson's commercial vehicles, starting with the '33 Essex-Terraplanes, right through the 1947 Hudson pickups, left the factory with a single tail light.  Occasionally a second lamp got installed by the selling dealer.  Hobbyists did install a great number of second lamps.  These were the industry-common "Naco Standard" and are still quite available.

Second tail lights and accessory brake lights ought to be on every collector vehicle actually being hobby driven on today's roads in my opinion.   WE MUST BE SEEN ! (especially after dark)

• Like 6