1955 Chrysler, not mine.

I don't know how correct the interior is, but assuming there's a little wiggle room in the price I could live with it. I like to colors, but would definitely look closely at the "flaking paint". 

Product photo of 1955 Chrysler New Yorker

• Like 1

"Pioneertown" ...another interesting place name! According to Wikipedia:

Pioneertown is an unincorporated community of the Morongo Basin region of the High Desert in San Bernardino County, California, United States. It is an 1880s-themed town developed as a shooting location for actors working on Western films and TV series with businesses and residences.

Must be a unique place to actually live, sort of like a Western Williamsburg.  

• Like 2

This car looks like a lot better start to a project than most. I think the interior is either correct or very close. The drivers door panel needs some attention and it needs a new steering wheel. The front horizontal grille bar needs rechromed. But with a wide array of brilliant colors offered on 1955 Chryslers, those pastel desert shades don't work for me. Says it won't take much to get on the road but the gas tank is not installed. The actual mileage of the car is not stated. In many cases like this when the car has been parked for awhile there will be a number of additional things to sort out. So why weren't they driving it more often?      This might be a good start to a project but it's still a project. I'm thinking it might be a good car for someone to clean it up and drive it as is. As for restoring it, paying for new paint & chrome is gonna get pricey. You might be able to find a pretty nice 1955 Chrysler ready to go in the $20K-$25K price range but now dollar-wise you're getting up into Imperial coupe territory. It still might be a good project to the right person and the price seems reasonable enough. GLWTS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

"Pioneertown" ...another interesting place name! According to Wikipedia:

Pioneertown is an unincorporated community of the Morongo Basin region of the High Desert in San Bernardino County, California, United States. It is an 1880s-themed town developed as a shooting location for actors working on Western films and TV series with businesses and residences.

Must be a unique place to actually live, sort of like a Western Williamsburg.  

Pioneer town is worth the trip in itself. AND, you get to look at a cool old Chrysler.

Good eatin too if you are into that.

This is Chrysler's last year for 6-Volt electrics,

not necessarily an issue, at least in my opinion.

I like it, but don't need it.

I really prefer the 1966 version per somewhat smoother styling.

6 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

If in the market for one, a closer look at this one might be a good idea. Would be a fun daily driver.

The only drawback is that it's the last year of the six volt Chryslers.

Although the two speed tranny that spaghetti wiring along with the brake system conversion would turn me away.

21 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Thank you, but my fingers and the laptop keys aren't always a match-

I really meant to not my preference for the 1956 New Yorker,

and of course the red and white convertible would be nice, 

but that I could afford it !

(not that I have anything against the 1966)

• Haha 1