1950 Dodge meadowbrook $8,000

My little middle class neighborhood was full of sedans like this ...and Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Desotos, a smattering of Kaisers, plus the cooks variety of the "low price three", a few other independents and a rare Cadillac or Lincoln driven with plenty of room for the average 2-child family and adults wearing hats. Then station wagons became the rage, and the world changed.

• Like 2

For some reason someone really liked those 1954 Plymouth hubcaps. Stock 1950 Dodge full wheelcovers with the block letters in the center are common items that are easily found, painting the backgrounds the correct red might add a little color pop and correctness to this Meadowbrook sedan. $8K might be optimistic for this particular make & model but it is a pretty nice example......maybe if there's a little wiggle room in the price and the right guy sees it......

Edited by The 55er
removed a word (see edit history)
  • Like 3

This is 20 minutes away from me. I would be glad to go look at it for someone.   These time capsule 4 door sedans in my opinion, are in a market bubble.  Few people want them, and fewer people want them occupying valuable garage space for rarer and rarer ice cream runs.  So they put them up for sale. Most everyone wants a muscle car, a hot rod and/or air conditioning.  PS etc.  so I’m not sure what the future holds for this car and others like it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 11:32 PM, Fossil said:

This looks nice. This is the way I would like to find them.

Thanks for sharing, Fossil.  I agree:  t looks like a

good car for someone.

Since the reposted pictures have already

disappeared, can you edit your posting and

place the pictures again--for a permanent record?

I find that, if I save pictures first to my computer,

and retrieve them from there, that the pictures stay.

Posted (edited)

Last night I was looking at this car again and decided that if I was in better health and this had fluid drive I'd make an offer on it. I like the honest look of it a lot. The only thing that detracts from it is the rear view mirror on top of the fender. I can’t remember if that was common back then or not.

Product photo of 1950 Dodge Meadowbrook

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2