Should I sell my Buick Riviera parts separately or as a lot.

When I purchased my 1965 Buick Riviera GS I receive boxes and boxes of parts. Since my car looked great and ran fine I put the boxes in storage. I now have lost my storage area. I have about 50 parts ranging from headlight clamshell assemblies and trim, to "turbine" wheel covers and spinners, to engine parts.  It's a real eclectic collection of parts. I don't really have the time or energy to list and sell these separately and thinking about selling them as one large lot. Any ideas of who might be interested in a lot purchase. I do not want to ship these parts. I'm located in northern Illinois. Any comments would be very much appreciated from our community.

Hi Kelly,

I'm located in northern IL and might be interested in purchasing everything you have...but I will be in and out of Illinois intermittently until late September.

If you are not in a hurry please send me a message and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Tom Mooney

11 hours ago, Craig Balzer said:

Tom

If you buy the lot (and the lot includes these items), I'd like to be first in line for

• Power Antenna Switch
  • Deck Lid Keyhole Cover

Craig

Hi Craig,

I currently have these items but won't be back to sales until late Sept or Oct. These items are fairly common so I'm sure other vendors in the ROA will be able to help you before this Fall. If you choose to wait please fell free to contact me then.

Thanks,

Tom

If you have sold things before think of the first adjective that comes to mind for buyer. Multiply that by the number of parts.

That's worked for me. And it ain't getting better.

Whenever we might buy a vintage car, one of the things which can happen is accumulation of parts which might be needed.  When the car is sold, those parts usually go with it to the new owner.  All good, but at some point in time, the new owner will have an issue as mentioned, for whatever reason.

In such "lot sale" situations, the seller needs to have an accurate idea of what the parts are worth, in general, just as the buyer needs to have an idea of what parts are in the mix, too.  Which can make an inventory from the seller advisable for both parties.  At least for the major parts.

Hopefully, y'all can get together in a suitable time frame, to get this deal done and down the road.  Sooner rather than later.

Take care,

NTX5467

With our home of 30 years sold, I could not sell all my parts in one lot. My concern was finding a home for useful parts more than profit. Although I reduced my stash considerably, I still had to store some in a locker and the remainder in my Riviera before sending it off to an acreage. Because of this, my Riviera is grounded (literally) until I find a final solution, hopefully in 2025.

PXL_20240610_190136519.jpg.7a18404c10c3213a01b31b167b9c5a0e.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Folks, this is the first and probably last time you'll see a Thule box on the roof of a 1st Gen Riv!

Wife wanted to include the Thule Box in our household purge. "NO WAY!" I knew I'd need it as a storage locker especially for trim and long items such as that 1964 driveshaft.

Thule Box sits on cheap cross bars I've had for 50 years (they whistle). A brutal head wind to the acreage. Drove 80 KM/hour with 4-Way flashers. Afraid of failure with all the weight up there.

Trunk full of parts too.

Variable Pitch ST400 in storage locker.