Scammer - Sanjay

Got a PM from a newer member - SANJAY

He gave me the email address for someone who had the part I wanted. I contacted  Chris Welch at -       chriswelch793@gmail.com

Chris was quick to reply and even quicker to respond with photos and shipping info......too quick.

The photos were stolen from a rebuilder in Nevada and Chris said he was in NC and parting out a perfectly restored engine.

Only wanted Zelle or Venmo for payment.

I reported the incident to the forum moderator.

BEWARE

Bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

I noted "Sanjay" doing quick, meaningless responses to each successive post among my "Unread Content" -- apparently to build up enough points to use PMs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got an email from Sanjay saying his friend Harry Berghoust in Raleigh, NC had 2 of the Stromberg MB-2’s  I was looking for. Sent Harry an email and he responded with pics of TR 6 Strombergs. I mentioned the ones I was looking for were 50 years older. He sent a picture of one that is on eBay. I know this because the email item had the same defect as the eBay item which is in Colorado.

I sent him an email asking for a photo of the second carb and he sent a pic of an updraft carb.

He wanted payment sent to his wife, with different last name, at an Arkansas address.

stay away. Sanjay should be banned

• Like 1

I got an email from Sanjay saying his friend Harry Berghoust in Raleigh, NC had 2 of the Stromberg MB-2’s  I was looking for. Sent Harry an email and he responded with pics of TR 6 Strombergs. I mentioned the ones I was looking for were 50 years older. He sent a picture of one that is on eBay. I know this because the email item had the same defect as the eBay item which is in Colorado.

I sent him an email asking for a photo of the second carb and he sent a pic of an updraft carb.

He wanted payment sent to his wife, with different last name, at an Arkansas address.

stay away. Sanjay should be banned

I guess one way to smoke scammers out is to ask questions that would require them to have the part in front them . Length, diameter etc.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

I guess one way to smoke scammers out is to ask questions that would require them to have the part in front them . Length, diameter etc.

I ask give them a question that if they answer YES they don't have the part, Is the diameter 2 inches? when i know it is 1 1/4

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

I ask give them a question that if they answer YES they don't have the part, Is the diameter 2 inches? when i know it is 1 1/4

I like that one! Simple, to the point. Maybe not a hundred percent reliable? But pretty good.