Pre War Attendees at the 2024 National Meet

I’m going to try and stop by on show day…….unfortunately no car.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, edinmass said:

I’m going to try and stop by on show day…….unfortunately no car.

C'mon, Ed, DRIVE your 1934 56C from FL if you have a few days on each side!  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll be there in the trusty 1929 McL-Buick.

Difficult for me to win the Pre-War long distance trophy this year as car will hardly be warmed up by time I get to Strongsville. 

Look forward to seeing other Pre-War members. 

Bill McLaughlin 

1929 McL-Buick Roadster 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

LOL. Two hours by car and two days on foot from here. Maybe I should plan one day for travel in my trusty 1928?

Yes going. Maybe you saw this note from Heather Banhidy the meet chair. She says:  If you cancel a reservation at the Best Western please get in touch with cowamoo2@aol.com so she can honor the waitlist. The backup hotel is 5 miles north at the Crowne Plaza Middleburg, call 877.227.6963 group rate code BCA at @ $129/n. Heather's email address is not intuitive but maybe we can milk it.

• Haha 1

There are two threads on this same subject so I post this same question in both. Please forgive this crass redundancy.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:32 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

You know, to so many on these Forums, The Forum members ARE the AACA and the BCA.   Yet, it seems, each time I attend a BCA National,  I get sidetracked and do not meet and document those folks.   We/I need to do better.    A large sign with our forum name hanging over our back??  Maybe!

On 4/27/2024 at 1:37 PM, Edwin The Kid said:

I should be there this year! Maybe a forum members meetup could be organized? 

I asked NMC Secretary Roy Faries if pre-war forum members can have a "PW" on their printed name tags or a PWF sticker at the Buick Nationals so we can meet and greet. Here is his reply:

I can do either, however printing something on the name tag would be easier and more cost effective. Just let me know what you want to say, who to print them for (any one who brings a Pre-War car?), and where you want it located on the name tag (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, under the name, etc.) -Roy

Roy is willing to print what we want on our name tags. Sending a list of whom is too difficult, so his offer to do this for anyone bringing a Pre-War car seems to be the best option. Should I ask him to do this, and what should it say? For example, I might suggest "Pre-War Buick" under your name. All opinions welcome.

It would also be nice if forum members would include their screen name somewhere on their tag to facilitate 'real-world' encounters.  ;)

• Like 1

Maybe a time or a table in the hospitality room would be an idea?   I will be driving modern but i like the idea of “pre war’ written on name tag

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 8:38 AM, EmTee said:

It would also be nice if forum members would include their screen name somewhere on their tag to facilitate 'real-world' encounters.  ;)

This is a very good idea. It would be difficult to send such a list to Roy Faires so it may be up to forum members to just write their screen name on the tag, next to the Pre-War Buick identity line.

A time and location for a pre-war meeting is also a good idea.

Edited by 28Buick (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I will be there but without a car as I'm from Australia. I will write PRE-WAR on my name tag but my screen name (Grant Z) probably isn't necessary as my name is Grant Zippel.

PS. I did start the other thread back on April 15th asking the same question.

Edited by Grant Z
Not enough information (see edit history)

I think we might consider a red slash across one corner of the name badge. 

Then, we’d all know who’s pre-war.

And nobody else would. 

We could be a secret society. 

Now, do we want to use a special fist bump as our secret greeting ?

Bill McLaughlin 

1929 McLaughlin Buick Roadster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1