Vacuum Tank & Bracket for 1917

JDuguid

I’ve got a 1917 that has had an electric pump on it for years with a regulator. The pump has recently started acting up and failing intermittently. I’d like to replace it with a vacuum tank and I’m looking for both the tank and the proper mounting bracket for the 1917 6-cylinder engine.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Just replace the electric pump and you will be better off in the long term. They can be had in either 6 or 12 volts from Napa parts stores. These cars are parked for long periods of time and an electric pump make them much easier to start when tour season begins.

• Like 1

I disagree…….I recommend going back to stock. The tanks work fine. And are trouble free. 

• Like 9

Thanks Roger, but I’m in FL and like to get the car out regularly, it doesn’t sit for long!

• Like 1

If you post pictures and dimensions of the tank, you will probably get some responses right here. I see them all over Hershey every year. It’s 10 times easier to find the tanks than it is the brackets……..

• Like 1

The tank originally mounted on the engine manifold.  I never thought that was the best place 'cause of the heat. Later they mounted on the firewall. Depending what you want for originality, there should be brackets for both.

18 hours ago, JDuguid said:

I’ve got a 1917 that has had an electric pump on it for years with a regulator. The pump has recently started acting up and failing intermittently. I’d like to replace it with a vacuum tank and I’m looking for both the tank and the proper mounting bracket for the 1917 6-cylinder engine.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

These carburetors are designed for gravity flow which is under a pound of pressure. Fuel pumps usually have too much pressure and force fuel past the needle valve in the carb and the float bowl floods and leaks. All the leaky gas can start a fire. Get a vacuum tank.

• Like 2