For Sale: 1954 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 2dr Club Coupe, manual shift - $8,500 - Woodridge, IL (Chicago)  - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 4-26-2024.

For Sale: 1954 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 2dr Club Coupe, manual shift - $8,500 - Woodridge, IL (Chicago) - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 4-26-2024. See New Link and More Photos Below:

1954 chrysler windsor for sale by owner - Woodridge, IL - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This car is mechanically excellent condition. This list is everything replaced with new parts
Gas tank, tires, brakes, brake lines, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, electric fuel pump, tune up, carburetor, transmission, radiator (I kept the original radiator) carpet, seat cushions. The body is excellent the paint is in barn find condition it's definitely has great patina. (Not interested in any trades). 

transmission: manual. odometer: 87000
Copy and paste in your email: 099ccba42aab3a5aa55771d921c2991e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 2dr Club Coupe.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 5.659 1954 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 2dr Club Coupes built.  Last model year for two-door sedan/club coupe in the Chrysler body style offerings.

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL a.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL b.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL c.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL d.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 4-26-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 4

If I had a choice of these Chryslers as far as years go, 1954 would be the one. For some reason I just really like them. 

Can't help but wonder why there is no photos of the interior or Engine compartment?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

An almost identical 1953 w/ manual transmission + OD sold for 11K near here. It was a very clean one. Very uncommon to find a Chrysler w/ manual trans.

Jeff:

I was surprised to find this manual shift '54 Chrysler, had to check old manuals to see that a plain manual shift was still available.  I assumed all by then had either the M6 or PowerFlyte. 

Would be nice if the seller showed us the interior and engine compartment, suppose he knows his car, but we don't.

Steve 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fossil said:

Can't help but wonder why there is no photos of the interior or Engine compartment?

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Would be nice if the seller showed us the interior and engine compartment, suppose he knows his car, but we don't.

I suspect the interior isn't as good or photogenic.

The asking price alone tends to tell me that.

However, an ad needs to show ALL the car so that

a potential buyer can be properly informed.

• Like 6

That's not great patina, it's just an older base/clear paint job with the clear coming off. It wil be labor intensive to refinish and I'm thinking that alone will cost at least $10K-plus for a quality job. I'm thinking if the interior was presentable and the engine compartment was clean the seller would be showing then off as selling points. With 4 of the pics showing incorrect hubcaps and with the issues with the chrome and stainless trim (dents, dings) as well, I don't see how the seller can claim his car is in excellent condition. If my "assumptions" are correct, there chances of finding a buyer might be better if the price was cut in half. I don't see much value in a stick flathead 6 post sedan with a lot of needs. The 1953 Chrysler Windsor 2-door sedan sold previously that Jeff Perkins is speaking of above was a true low mileage one of a kind completely original time capsule that would be nearly impossible to duplicate. If this example were repainted, reupholstered and completely detailed it wouldn't approach the condition of that $11,000 1953 Windsor so I'm just not seeing an $8500 car here. This model might be a tough sell in its current condition. More pictures please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 2dr Club Coupe, manual shift - $8,500 - Woodridge, IL (Chicago)  - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 4-26-2024.

Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 4-26-2024.

1954 chrysler windsor for sale by owner - Woodridge, IL - craigslist

1954 Chrysler Windsor deluxe - $7,000 - Woodridge, IL
Seller's Description:

This car is mechanically excellent condition. This list is everything replaced with new parts. Gas tank, tires, brakes, brake lines, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, electric fuel pump, tune up, carburetor, transmission, radiator. (I kept the original radiator) carpet, seat cushions. The body is excellent the paint is in barn find condition it's definitely has great patina. (Not interested in any trades). odometer: 87000
Copy and paste in your email: cf12d1b53bd7377e8f7d9e4b1752264a@sale.craigslist.org

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL f.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL g.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL h.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL i.jpg

'54 Chrysler windsor deluxe ILL j.jpg

20 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Mouse fur interior in a lousy color. Yuck.

I wonder how they caught enough red polyester mice to shave for material to make that plush crushed red polyester mouse fur upholstery... 

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:21 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

I suspect the interior isn't as good or photogenic.

The asking price alone tends to tell me that.

However, an ad needs to show ALL the car so that

a potential buyer can be properly informed.

Now that the pictures show the interior, the car's

price is explained.  The interior surely is wrong, but

maybe it's a nice car otherwise.