1930 Diamond Reo Flying Cloud - $25,000

Seems like a nice example. Is this another marque that does for sub-Model A money?

(which would make this one over priced)   more pics in ad

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-1930-diamond-reo-flying-cloud/7724250342.html

1930 Diamond Reo Flying Cloud Cabriolet Sedan, Suicide Doors Rear Entry, dual matching side board mounted spoked wheel spares, Camel mohair seating (original), original head liner, in-line 6 cylinder engine, rear mounted strapped boot, chrome bumpers, front mounted running lights, 18” wheels. An amazing, rare automobile by the Murray Car Company. Contact Sidney 480-235-2247.

00b0b_3SwKomEN1sf_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00q0q_eYHW5Nrf1AN_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00N0N_20AuOLjgLKa_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_2jk5nviQ5o7_0t20CI_600x450.jpg1930 Diamond Reo Flying Cloud 100A0A_3skDRS5aA6N_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 5

Nice car. What's with the Mecum plate, if I was flipping it I would take it off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gorgeous interior.  Whoever did it is to be commended.  So many are done "wrong".   Almost looks factory.  But too fresh to be.  Can't tell if lower paint color is faded red or salmon pink.

I knew it was way later, but I had to google it to be sure of how much later. Diamond T trucks and Reo trucks were merged together in 1967 as part of a merger into White. Tacking "Diamond" onto a 1930 Reo is really stretching it! Probably someone connected to the trucking industry fifty years ago that doesn't know much at all about antique automobiles. Even a decade or so ago, I knew some old truckers that fondly remembered their old Diamond Reo trucks. I recall seeing one less than twenty years ago still pulling freight on the highway! Because my first antique automobile was a 1929 Reo, I tend to notice the trucks also.

This OP car is the smaller Flying Cloud car for 1930, In 1929, that series was called the Flying Cloud Mate, whereas my 1929 coupe was the Flying Cloud Master series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything that Wayne states is why I questioned the "diamond" description for the sedan. Diamond Reo trucks sure, that I had heard of for many decades, but a Diamond car? Huh?

there are enough learned car types out there to question even basic titles/names ( these forums are proof of that) and to guess at what you are trying to promote for sale just leaves many of us rolling our eyes. We are not looking for a whole history of a particular make but at least get the title correct. Mistakes in print eventually get passed on  and myth becomes fact....................

• Like 3

The smaller REO Flying Cloud Mate and Model 15 had the Continental Motors-sourced Model 16E 214.7 ci six-cylinder engines.  The merger of REO and Diamond T came decades after this car was built. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cjmarzoli said:

Gorgeous interior.  Whoever did it is to be commended.  So many are done "wrong".   Almost looks factory.  But too fresh to be.  Can't tell if lower paint color is faded red or salmon pink.

Agreed! So nice to NOT see a red interior or vinyl tuck and roll.

• Like 2