Read it and weep: Giveaway prices at Dave Brady's Buick parts auction!

Replated 1932 Buick wire wheel hubcaps for $15 apiece; new 1940s straight 8 mufflers for $10; a 1949 radiator that looks like new for $25; 1940s Buick carburetors for $5 apiece; complete 1949 parking light/turn signal assemblies for $15 apiece; 5 late 1930s parking light assemblies for $60; 8 1949 Buick stainless gravel guards for $10.

Why wasn't this auction better publicized?!!

https://live.teelauctions.com/auctions/1-8N3HM0/dave-brady-collection-auto-parts-part-3?page=5&limit=36

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Replated 1932 Buick wire wheel hubcaps for $15 apiece; new 1940s straight 8 mufflers for $10; a 1949 radiator that looks like new for $25; 1940s Buick carburetors for $5 apiece; complete 1949 parking light/turn signal assemblies for $15 apiece; 5 late 1930s parking light assemblies for $60; 8 1949 Buick stainless gravel guards for $10.

https://live.teelauctions.com/auctions/1-8N3HM0/dave-brady-collection-auto-parts-part-3?page=5&limit=36

Someone certainly ended up with some bargains.

Ben

Sad. Dave Brady was a great guy. He hosted our Cadillac-LaSalle club region in his shop a couple of times. He and his wife were lovely people. He was a true artist of his trade.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 8:27 AM, Dan O said:

Pete, you ruined my day! Whaaaaa!

Looking at the happy side:  These items weren't junked,

and they likely went to old-car owners who will use them,

resell them to Buick owners, or store them for the future.

• Like 4

On 3/5/2024 at 3:27 PM, Pete Phillips said:

My thought also Pete. I got notice of it after the first two auctions had ended, most of the good stuff gone. Had  I gotten in on the first two auctions I would have been happy to make a roadtrip to pick up. Hopefully it all went to true Buick enthusiast. I’ve already started an eBay search for a few of the items in case it all ends up there. Lots of rare items I would love to own even at resale prices. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1