371 Tri-Power Project: 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 Fiesta Wagon $22,000 Lomita, California.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/harbor-city-1957-oldsmobile-fiesta/7721811321.html

1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta Super 88 4 door hardtop wagon very rare. 371ci J2 Tripower w/ very hard to find factory air cleaner (tri power not hooked up) hydramatic 4 speed . Factory power windows, brakes, steering. Needs restoration. runs, drives. Needs work, needs wheel cylinder driver side. Have 4 new wheel cylinders not installed. has rust front floors, little in rockers rear door. Not a rust bucket by any means but has rust. 1 of 8900 built. Hard to find. Very desirable. Must sell. Tons of pics and videos. Email request.

email - 747cfd1e885a3be88096c74f55b3cb2c@sale.craigslist.org

01212_a8u9ib1H42K_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_1Hq5bTOP05s_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_iReYC7xEPjt_0ck0fu_1200x900.jpg

01717_cw6hOBQck5v_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

https://barnfinds.com/371-tri-power-project-1957-oldsmobile-super-88-fiesta-wagon/

• Like 4

My uncle is fixated on these Fiesta's. This one may have a lot going for it like the J2 tri-power option but it also needs a lot of work.

• Like 2

Whole lot of blah-blah in the barnfinds ad copy but that's to be expected. And Code 10 Onyx Black was absolutely on the 1957 Oldsmobile color chart for all series. Paint jobber color chip sheets just don't always show the chip itself, only the Onyx Black name. Factory paint color brochure does.

Brightwork is really good on this Fiesta. The dual  exhaust bumper ends are often rotted.

Not the first J2 I've seen missing the outboard carbs either. People who had them often didn't "exercise" their J2 enough and the outboard carbs would get gummed up and half seized up from lack of use. So they'd get the carbs removed and blank off plates installed. Long as they come with the car...

I'm not sure $22k is real-world pricing for this car. Sure, a J2 hardtop wagon isn't common, but this needs at least that much more in restoration work, and probably double that amount.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Absolutely my favorite mark and favorite year. I believe that this beautiful wagon needs someone with deep pockets to bring this beauty back to what it once was. I would be concerned that when all is said and done, you would have a beautiful car that would be hot as all get out in the summer. GLWTS

I've read the ads and watched all the videos......IMO it's overpriced for the condition as there's a lot of work left to be done here. At least one pic in the CL ad is doctored or photoshopped somehow and I'm not sure if the car is in CA or AZ. An extra manifold with the 3 carbs can be seen behind the back seat in one of the CL pics. One video does show it running and driving up & down the street but there are no real pictures of any of the those rusty areas that need repaired. One video: "Rare, oh so cool, really cool, look at this, look at that, blah, blah, blah" on & on, then the seller states he only paid $8K for the car ten years ago but he's trying to get $22K for it now. A desirable car but it's very overhyped. Seller acts like his is the only 1957 Fiesta wagon left in the world but there are a still a fair number of them out there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a spaceship just landed on earth. Unbelievable thing. I wonder how it was to be young in that time period with such extraordinary design around you. Did it influence your thinking, your way of life, your idea about the future?

This car might be overpriced by 5 grand or so, but when have you seen one like that the last time? Rarity costs. I adore it. I cannot buy them all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

Looks like a spaceship just landed on earth. Unbelievable thing. I wonder how it was to be young in that time period with such extraordinary design around you. Did it influence your thinking, your way of life, your idea about the future?

Someone posted pics of an early-season show in another forum I'm on. Fundraiser show, put on by a high school HOSA club in Indiana.

One picture showed a pair of high school kids scoping out a 1959 Edsel wagon. I thought, maybe a seed has been planted.

Though more likely they'd just never seen a station wagon!😄

• Haha 1