1965 rambler ambassador convertible 990 - CA$1,995 (Chilliwack BC) US$1,479.

Looks like a deal.  See no rust or rot on it.  This vintage Ambassador was a really nice package and convertibles are indeed rare.   AMC's convertible tops had the best rooflines.  Very formal almost like a coupe.  Looks great up or down, not like an afterthought.  No other domestic company's tops looked like this that I am aware of.  This continued on even into the Alliance convertibles of the mid 80's.

• Like 3

Looks like a very low priced promising project to me. You'll definitely want to make sure it has a title that's transferable to other provinces or states in the US, though. Sometimes old cars are way under priced because they're title-less. Definitely worth investigating if you're looking for one of these.

• Like 1

I've owned several '65 Ambassadors. I GAVE one away three years ago, to a Rambler guy so it wouldn't fall into the hands of a hack, or the crusher.

The taillights are vulnerable to damage and are hard to find. All coil suspension very soft riding. 

They should have put the Ambassador front clip on the '65 Marlin, as they did in '67. 

• Like 1

I too own a Marlin ('65). The  extra length of the Ambassador front fenders (the wheelbase difference between the Classic and Ambassador is from the cowl forward) gives a more balanced side profile, imo. 

• Like 2