1937 Lincoln K, not mine.

Pay me and I will allow you to clean out my garage……. 
After Matt’s experience I have a different understanding and respect for projects like this.  

• Like 1

4 parts cars and their associated parts at $18750 each and not one open. Seems to be the going rate for closed V12 parts cars these days. Plenty of rusty mufflers to go around but are all the heads, carbs and other components off the cars there? On the shelves? 

Dear Seller,

Please send me a copy of your itemized parts inventory. I will be happy to pay shipping and handling. No need for express delivery as I am presuming this may take you a little while to compose and, with that accumulation of barn dust, it may not be an easy task. However I am a patient person and can understand the task ahead of you. I look forward to your response.

Thank you

• Haha 6

It’s great that someone had enough of a desire and passion to collect these cars and parts. Hopefully the person who collected this stuff is the one selling it. Nothing wrong with listing everything together, or selling as is. The sad part is when a building full of stuff lands in the lap of an elderly spouse, after a death in the family. And they have no idea what is what, or even want anything to do with it. It will all find a home, selling price?

There was a brief moment in time when I considered stockpiling Lincoln K parts as a side business. I already had a big pile of parts from my car and a few parts cars drifted past that were not expensive. Then someone (a fellow forum member) came and bought almost everything I had in one shot and I decided that was probably enough. Add in Ed's comments about just how hard it has been for him to sell Pierce parts for the past 40 years, and, well, I figured it wasn't for me.

This cache might be such an opportunity for someone. I don't think it's worth anywhere near $75,000, but if you want to become the go-to Lincoln K parts guy (currently Ray Theriault in New England) this would be a good place to start. I understand Ray is also looking for someone to buy out his stock so he can retire, so perhaps there's an opportunity there for someone who isn't me. I think there are enough Lincoln Ks running around that spare parts will always be in demand, but probably not in such a way that you can make it your exclusive job. Maybe a side job to pay for your hobby or something.

Oh, and I need one of those mufflers. The cherry bomb glasspack on my car is getting annoying. So if you buy that stuff, let me know so I can buy a muffler.

• Like 5

One reasonably complete, factory-bodied 1936 K sedan, one partially disassembled factory-bodied '37-'39 sedan, two other unidentified body type cars, masses of unsorted parts for a major price commitment.  It might be a useful lot to someone restoring mid-late'30's K Lincolns but that begs the question: is anyone still restoring mid-late'30's K Lincolns?

• Like 1

Also, it looks like at least one, maybe two of the cars came from that cache of derelict Lincolns from a few years ago that were stored in a lean-to and covered in bird droppings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Bird droppings add to the value of vintage/classic cars.

I bought a '62 Impala SS complete car to part out about 10 years ago. It sat in a chicken coop for 10-15 years. there was NO part or spot on the exterior (including chrome & stainless) that was not etched from the poop or the fumes.

• Haha 1

"This cache might be such an opportunity for someone. I don't think it's worth anywhere near $75,000"

Looking at the amount of work involved to sort it, clean it up, re-box it, and haul it all away, how about $7500?

"I think there are enough Lincoln Ks running around that spare parts will always be in demand"

Interesting statement considering there have been several/numerous mentions regarding the older vehicles falling out of favor and lowering of prices.

I understand Ray is also looking for someone to buy out his stock so he can retire, so perhaps there's an opportunity there for someone who isn't me.

Considering the pile this stuff is in, it better be someone young. They'd need the years to sort, catalog, and combine this lot and Ray's. Count me out, but IF I did buy it, you can have your pick of any 2 mufflers just for helping me move the stuff to my shop.😁

Edited by George Smolinski (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I would divide the parts into four piles. Put the best parts in the least desirable car. The least desirable parts in the best car. And sell off the cars one at a time. With an option to buy one or two, or all the cars. Tough sale, a buyer will be 10’s of thousands in moving costs. I have made 5 trips down here hauling stuff. I know what is involved in cleaning out a shop and moving cars and parts. The funny thing about vintage car parts. All of them are made out of some form of metal, and they are heavy when boxed up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

I bought a '62 Impala SS complete car to part out about 10 years ago. It sat in a chicken coop for 10-15 years. there was NO part or spot on the exterior (including chrome & stainless) that was not etched from the poop or the fumes.

There was a 36 Chevrolet two door sedan that sat in a barn in Nampa ID. It was a friend of my uncles that owned the car. Original car, unrestored, needed everything. A layer of dirt on it about 3/16 thick. In the center of the roof was a cone shaped bird poop structure about 3 1/2 feet tall. Look like a termite mound in Africa. Wish I had a picture of it. Had a VERY neglected look to the car.💩

We buy and sell large industrial gas compressor packages and components and parts.  We have  cleaned out warehouses over the years.  Every collection of parts like this is an exercise in determining which parts are high value and liquid and taking those first then working down the list of value/liquidity until it’s just not worth it anymore.  Also it’s only possible if you have someone that can immediately identify and separate the wheat from the chaff.  I would consider buying all of this inventory but only if the price was cut by 60 or more percent to justify the costs of removal, transportation, and storage.  As has been stated above, I don’t think there are many Lincoln V12 restoration projects in progress that are clamoring for major components.