1957 Lincoln Premier 2 door Hardtop $10,000 Iowa

I really hate to rain on anyone's parade, but tell me how you know this car runs and stops when the fuel pump is bad and it has to be fed by a bottle.  That said, a very sharp looking two door with clean looking upholstery. GLWTS

• Like 1

I know my tastes are a little on the quirky side but I think this model is one of the 50's most beautiful. 

• Like 1

"Inside and out, every dramatically new detail makes Lincoln for 1957, now, more than ever, unmistakably, the finest in the fine car field!"

Intoned in the bright, sophisticated voice of Julia Meade, Lincoln-Mercury spokes-lady and cohost of The Ed Sullivan Show. 

• Like 1

Here she is! 

By the way, the Hollywood freeway was laid out pre-WWII and has very short on ramps that are pretty treacherous.

Horsepower is definitely helpful there! 

"...and, for all its size, Lincoln handles as easily and cleanly as a sports car!"   Makes me laugh every time!

Here is the 1957 Lincoln commercial with the line I like to quote.  BTW, does anyone know what that Lincoln theme music is called?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

"...and, for all its size, Lincoln handles as easily and cleanly as a sports car!"   Makes me laugh every time!

Here is the 1957 Lincoln commercial with the line I like to quote.  BTW, does anyone know what that Lincoln theme music is called?

I do admit that watching this makes me want one!

I thought it was interesting that she had the seat adjusted so that when driving her elbows would be at her side and the wheel very close to her chest.