For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2dr Catalina Hardtop - "Good condition" - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - 1/28 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2-door Catalina Hardtop in Albuquerque, NM  -  $20,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1488167191745749/-1951-Pontiac-Chieftain-2dr-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2-door Catalina Hardtop

• Good condition
  • Driven 50,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2 Door 8 Cylinder 268.4cid/116hp 2bbl

• Replaced/repaired September 2022: New Rod and Main Bearing Set New Spark Plugs, Water Pump, 6-volt Battery Distributor Cap Distributor Rotor, Rebuilt Starter, New Exhaust System Ignition Wire Set, Repaired Radiator, Ignition Condenser, Ignition Coil, Hood Release Cable Motor
  • Replaced/repaired November 2022: Condenser, Voltage, Regulator New Coolant Overflow Tank
  • Replaced/repaired March 2023: New Electric Fuel Pump, Fuel Pressure Regulator, 6-volt Battery Tender/Charger, New Fuel Return Line

Open to offers. Cash or certified bank check only. Collection only from Albuquerque only.

image.png.929079570b257fcbb361bb246a98823a.png

image.png.95f90bbaf7d267b07bd1612995150902.png

image.png.2a4fc71abdc98d86d365c250b06d7730.png

image.png.8d145ab376d5e42367e2bfc599288b13.png

image.png.cd2614d1a051effbd3f14df0ad64a26b.png

image.png.933f5453429d89fbccf43789b6a57716.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumBob said:

I'd love to see this car in my driveway every morning

For just a small down payment and an affordable monthly payment we can make that happen tonight.
 Would you step inside and just sign the paperwork. 😁

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Haha 4

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2dr Catalina Hardtop - Two-tone - "Good condition" - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine

This not a $20,000 car!  The engine compartment is disjointed; engine is painted the wrong color, the positive battery lead is not sized correctly, they cheaped out on painting any part of the firewall which makes me wonder what the door jambs look like. They didn't prep the car for paint correctly and now the paint has peeled off from the left rear deck and quarter panel.  The rear chrome waterfall is not painted and the panel below the rear Tennessee license plate is not painted correctly,   The car has the correct deluxe chrome bumper pieces and the chrome headlight housings and the interior looks pretty good.  Got some work to do to get this 12 grand carfor it to be a 20 to 25 grand and unfortunately the work needed ain't cheap!  I do like the car but I would want to personally inspect it first because the workmanship on this car seems to be a bit under par.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I'd expect a $20K car to run and drive perfectly after all those mechanical parts were replaced but the running & driving condition isn't mentioned anywhere. Maybe the car sat for a long time and those replacements were all part of the $2K mechanical wake up. The car is missing the wiper arms & blades in the current pictures and it's evident that some rust repair will be needed in the back up light area. Still a desirable model that shows potential but that's an optimistic price. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deac said:

This not a $20,000 car!  The engine compartment is disjointed; engine is painted the wrong color, the positive battery lead is not sized correctly, they cheaped out on painting any part of the firewall which makes me wonder what the door jambs look like. They didn't prep the car for paint correctly and now the paint has peeled off from the left rear deck and quarter panel.  The rear chrome waterfall is not painted and the panel below the rear Tennessee license plate is not painted correctly,   The car has the correct deluxe chrome bumper pieces and the chrome headlight housings and the interior looks pretty good.  Got some work to do to get this 12 grand carfor it to be a 20 to 25 grand and unfortunately the work needed ain't cheap!  I do like the car but I would want to personally inspect it first because the workmanship on this car seems to be a bit under par.

And if you showed up and told this seller what you shared here - they would say “ I, I’m going to ask you to leave, have a nice trip home.”  People get so butt hurt, or wonder why their Facebook ad goes for months with no interest. 

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2dr Catalina Hardtop - Two-tone - "Good condition" - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - 1/28 SOLD!
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Chieftain 2dr Catalina Hardtop - "Good condition" - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine - 1/28 SOLD!