For Sale: 1969 Cadillac Eldorado "factory power bucket seats which was a rare option" - Project - $3,200 - Virginia Beach. VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1969 Cadillac Eldorado "factory power bucket seats which was a rare option" - Project - $3,200 - Virginia Beach. VA
1969 Cadillac Eldorado for sale by owner - Virginia Beach, VA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

t's a good running Cadillac, starts right up, it makes no odd noises, run smooth. no rust in the floor pans, very minimal rust on the outside. there's no rust in the gas tank, no issues with overheating, needs Master cylinder for the brakes, needs tires, trans filter changed. This car has factory power bucket seats which was a rare option interior needs some work but overall, it's nice for its age.
Copy and paste in your email: 13d57ca860973a24aef67134d5435df0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1969 Cadillac Eldorado.

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA a.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA b.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA c.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA d.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA e.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA f.jpg

'69 Cadillac eldorado VA g.jpg

• Like 3

If you already have a really nice '69 Eldorado with the standard bench seat, you buy this car just to get those factory power bucket seats and console to re-upholster to match and install in your car.   Whatever else you glean from this rough example is just a bonus.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

If you already have a really nice '69 Eldorado with the standard bench seat, you buy this car just to get those factory power bucket seats and console to re-upholster to match and install in your car.   Whatever else you glean from this rough example is just a bonus.

You really think it's that far gone? That 472 is pretty reliable.  If its really as low rust as the seller claims and has a clean title, pick it up for $2k and it might be a good project.

I don't think it's beyond saving but remember you're dealing with a Cadillac, and an Eldorado to boot. Lots of complex systems and hard to find pieces. There were never as many of these made as the later pimpmobile Eldorados, so even parts cars are scarce.

That steering wheel cover is troubling. I think these had rim-blow horns which are troublesome enough to keep working without something interfering with its operation.

• Like 2

The rim blow wheel was an option.  

The rear window moldings are steel and susceptible to rust.  It looks like possibly black caulk was applied on the lower left molding since water tends to collect in the lower window trough of these and rusts out the moldings and trough area. 

Neither the painted top (8% of production) nor bucket seats are commonly seen. Black was 5.3% of 1969 Eldorado production.

If the body rust is minimal, it's a good buy if you like black on black.   

• Like 2

Make no mistake, this is a $100,000 restoration.  Which is why these aren’t getting restored.   If, which I don’t have anymore, but if I had my old 3 car heated and air conditioned man cave I would tackle it.  And 10 years of my life back.  

• Like 2