This is a "kind" description.

There's a reason that that the vehicle was sent to the yard in the first place. Over the years the most desirable parts were likely removed. Vehicles pictured are what the owner perceives to be the most desirable models. Might be solid bodies but little else. Best advice as always is to BUY THE BEST CAR YOU CAN AFFORD and avoid those common everyday models that will be long term projects. And find something that's a lot closer to home. 

26 minutes ago, Fossil said:

From the length of the hood it looks like it was a straight 8. 

If it is a straight eight, that would make it a 1927 Model 8-85, on a 130.5" wb which was only offered as a 5-passenger sedan, $2,885.  The engine is a Lycoming 4H 298.6 ci shared with the Auburn 8-88.  Wonder if any others are extant?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Paige 8-85 was introduced late for 1927, and as a Paige only manufactured for a few months. I do know someone that has (had?) one, but haven't seen it in a decade or more. For awhile late in calendar 1927, and early model year 1928, the Graham Brothers transitioned with the "Paige Graham Built" carryover models into 1928 (I have the radiator badge for one of those, in poor condition sadly). I also have an owners manual for the 1927 8-85 Paige, also, sadly, in poor condition (but it is the only one I have ever seen).

Just a couple extras I picked up along the way to go along with my 6-45 Paige.

There was a time I would have liked to try to restore that car!

• Like 4

I paged through his Montana Solid Iron website, but this Paige doesn't show up anywhere.  He has a lot of cars, trucks and farm equipment with optimistic prices given their condition and remote location.  Nothing that would cause someone to drive the hundreds of miles to gather up any that aren't available elsewhere.  

• Like 1