For Sale: 1984 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan - $6,750 - OMAHA, NE - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,500: 2-22-2024.

For Sale: 1984 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan - $6,750 - OMAHA, NE - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 1-7-2024: - Price Reduced to $5,500: 2-22-2024. See New Link Below:

:1984 buick park avenue for sale by owner - Omaha, NE - craigslist
Seller's Description:

A beautiful American luxury car in amazing condition. 3-owner - 1st buyer, Dad, then me!  Looks/Runs/Rides GREAT!  * 190K actual miles 307 CI V-8 engine, original paint, re-built transmission, new headliner. *Check engine light cycles on/off, power antenna won’t retract, AC/heater control has been modified. $6,750/best offer
Copy and paste in your email: cb47c7c386f535bd814d5e767eebf81b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1984 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan.

'84 Buick Park Ave NE a.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE b.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE c.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE d.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE e.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE f.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE g.jpg

'84 Buick Park Ave NE h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,500: 2-22-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very "blah" color combo, but one of the nicest looking GM's of the 80's and one of my favorite interior designs of all time.   These cars look great in dark colors that show off the chrome.   Interior is showing some wear and tear.  Broken handle on LR interior door pull, armrest wear, etc.

These are great cars and even 190K miles doesn't really scare me, given the overall condition.  This car looks to have been pretty well maintained and if most of the mileage was accumulated on interstate highways, it could easily drive more like a car with half the mileage.  I'll bet someone drives this car home for under $5,000...  ;)

9 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Love the car, hate that color.  Think of this classy 3 box styled Park Avenue in Buick's very dark blue color, or that Cranberry red metallic, even black - but yellow is a deal breaker. 

It's not even yellow.  I'd call it "putty".   A slightly peachy, non metallic tan.  Basically a dirty white!

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I like the colour, a big luxo cruiser should have an understated hue. I wish I could convince my wife to daily dr. something like this. I am looking to replace my expedition and I would just as soon spend a quarter of the money and have this.

Good examples of these 1977-1980's full-sized GM B & C-Body sedans and coupes show up for sale with regularity now at reasonable prices.  Decide what make, body style and powertrain package you want and just wait for a good one to appear, it will.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1984 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan - $6,750 - OMAHA, NE - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 1-7-2024:

Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 1-7-2024:

1984 buick park avenue for sale by owner - Omaha, NE - craigslist

Classic 1984 Buick Park Ave. - $6,500 (OMAHA)
Seller's Description:

It's hard to let go of this beautiful, vintage American luxury car in such remarkable condition. I would like to free up 1/2 of our garage this winter, so it is for sale to an appreciative buyer.  Original 307 CI V-8 engine/paint/re-built transmission/new headliner. Never wrecked. Auto Check Score 35/Detailed VIN report available. 190K actual miles/3-owner (original buyer/my father/me) Looks/Runs/Rides GREAT!* *Check engine light cycles on/off, power antenna won’t retract, AC/heater control has been modified.  $6,500/best offer
Copy and paste in your email: 889523f100493c89bfa5d670deef1682@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1

I hate to be snarky, but to me, that's a bland '80s gas guzzler. The color is so boring. It would look better in a blue or dark red. I'm sure these cars have their fans. To each his own. 

11 hours ago, DrumBob said:

I hate to be snarky, but to me, that's a bland '80s gas guzzler. The color is so boring. It would look better in a blue or dark red. I'm sure these cars have their fans. To each his own. 

Agree colors are about a bland as they could be.  These are nice cars but would be so much more appealing in a sharp color combo like black over a red interior.   At least it's not gray on gray though!  That is the worst.

27 minutes ago, cjmarzoli said:

Agree colors are about a bland as they could be.  These are nice cars but would be so much more appealing in a sharp color combo like black over a red interior.   At least it's not gray on gray though!  That is the worst.

Thank you. Some people just like bland colors on their cars, judging by the number of black, white, grey and silver cars you see. I say this all the time, but I'll take the bright colors from the 1950s. 

I like the car and the color.  I agree, however, that

another color, such as maroon, would be more striking.

These are no longer common, and they come up 

for sale very infrequently.  There are probably 50 to 100

Rivieras in this age range for sale for every Electra.

I've posted pictures before of my own '84 Electra.  See below.

In these years, the name "Park Avenue" was merely the

high-level trim option for the Buick Electra:

1984 Buick Electra Park Ave--mine 2020 (6).JPG

1984 Buick Electra Park Ave--mine 2020 (8).JPG

1984 Buick Electra Park Ave--mine 2020.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DrumBob said:

I hate to be snarky, but to me, that's a bland '80s gas guzzler. 

Let me encourage you a bit, Bob!

With the 307 engine (typically found on these cars),

you'll regularly achieve 22-23 m.p.g. on the highway.

The seats are very comfortable, and the ride is quiet

and smooth.  They should make this model even today!

I understand, John, but I have been seeing cars like these on the road for years, decades, and while 22-23 mpg highway isn't bad, it's not what I consider economical mileage, when I can get 27-28 in a Subaru. 

Those are attractive cars, just not for me. As I've said before, to each his own. I just have no love at all for big sedans like this. 

When my father passed, I got his Buick LeSabre. I don't remember the year. I believe it was a '95 or '96. It was like handling a big boat. Going around tight corners was always a challenge. My wife needed it more than I, so she drove it for a few years, and we finally sold it around 2002, to a guy who liked this particular type of car. I never liked driving it. It just wasn't tight enough in its handling. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

It appears the vinyl bumper fillers long ago rotted to nothing. New fiberglass units are available but are not an easy installation. Ask me how I know.

And yes, this car would look a lot better in a darker color.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1984 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan - $6,750 - OMAHA, NE - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $5,500: 2-22-2024.

The high mileage is probably the only reason this hasn't sold.  I'll bet someone shows up with $4250 cash and drives it away...  ;)

It would be a very comfortable AACA/VMCCA touring car.