1966 International Harvester Travelette Crewcab, not mine.

For $13k seller has to produce some ironclad paperwork. But it's fer sure a cool beast.

I remember IH making crew cabs way before anyone else. This one was, I suspect, a purpose-built special order truck. Factory air and lack of rot tells me it may have started life in the Southwest or Texas. Wish I could read the signage on the rear door.

I sent this to a young Diesel-punk friend last night and it's got him foaming at the mouth. His first question was "could you get these with Diesels?" followed by "if I hadn't just gone in debt to build a shop you and me would go and pull this thing home!"

• Like 1

The seller says the truck is a 1966 1300A series. Factory brochure shows a 4 x 4 configuration without dual rear wheels.  No mention of 4-wheel drive in the ad.

Below that is the 1500A 1966 IHC 1500A (dually) brochure. Neither feature the Travelette crew cab. It appears to be a "custom" made truck, whether by the factory or later on, it's hard to tell. 

image.png.66e63801537186c7dcd68f1510a50911.png 

image.png.d1423e5635325c28d01ea9546de7bd9a.png 

image.png.96c435036d5d29500cf985c4b328488c.png image.png.cbc4818c68e6dfdfba22e4338ec5df4d.png

Edited by Reynard (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Fossil said:

This was probably a special order vehicle. Maybe for a state or corporate order. Looks like a factory build. 

Back where these were about 15 years old, I remember several that were Air Force surplus. The local airport had a one in their maintenance fleet, and a guy I knew had another one. Possible the result of all the base closures in California.  

Not duals however. 

• Like 2