1762 Gold State Coach (replica) for sale by auction.

Not mine, no affiliation....

Ok it's a replica but you don't need to tell your neighbors. Just what you need for reenacting the coronation down main street. Just add horses, and 4 Westinghouse shocks. Ohh and an inexpensive stole is available for the misses in another auction. No scepter though.

The Gold State Coach
Season 3, Episode 10, Cri de Coeur
A reproduction inspired by the 1760 commission by Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings for King George III, and designed by Sir William Chambers, approximately: 188cm wide, 560cm deep, 315cm high (74in wide, 220in deep, 124in high)

coach.jpg

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My buddy and I once had a conversation about cars with reproduction or replica bodies on them, or cars that were made up of floor sweepings and his comment was that back in the Roman days some Romans were probably popping out replica Roman chariots in their colosseums behind their house so replicas are nothing new.

These pictures just made me remember that conversation since we had a good laugh over his witty comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I had a friend who recently passed who collected carriages (and cars).  He would hook up the horses every day and take the carriage 2 miles to lunch.   He had some fantastic stuff although nothing like this.

Well, that answers my question of after you get it what do you do with it?

2 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Think how easy it would be to find in the Home Depot parking lot! 

It would be fun to pull into a charging station and run a fake cord to the charger. Just imagine the comments it would get. Horse on one end and a cord on the other.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

It requires a real carriage house and the horses and the country roads.

Living in the heart of Amish country, anything but the interstate is fair game as far as roads are concerned. I could only imagine seeing Ezekial heading to the market in this thing!!!!

• Haha 2