1974 Dodge Daystar, not mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/822649719157225/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab8f305ff-bd95-4d83-a482-9924e8a5f8d1  image.png.0ac1cabebe4f1c5313585a21be4c7a02.pngimage.png.c282a7310c77f3f49bfd95a76bcc33a3.png1 of 16 made very rare.Daystar build on a Dodge chassis with a 440 It is in very poor shape it run when i park it inside 2 years ago motor over heated when park it no time to check it out image.png.b1f5118db1ca0f98eb499f87683340c2.png

• Like 3

Definitely one of those “just because it’s rare doesn’t mean it’s valuable” kind of deals. Don’t get me wrong, it’s interesting and I think it would be cool to see someone bring it back (would be some cool wacky advertising for a business) - but I think the owner is going to have a hard time selling this at any price, let alone the $10k asking. 

• Like 1

Looks like the nice one that was up for auction in Australia a few years ago didn't sell - although better looking than the rough one for sale above it's still not a particularly attractive vehicle. In this case, sounds like it is "rare" because no one wanted one to begin with. I honestly think the seller of the (brown?) one above will have a hard time giving it away to someone who wants to use it, instead of scrapping it, in it's current condition. 

image.png.d9e21cb58243a3513d2ec1f896b60dbb.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheYorkBell said:

Looks like the nice one that was up for auction in Australia a few years ago didn't sell - although better looking than the rough one for sale above it's still not a particularly attractive vehicle. In this case, sounds like it is "rare" because no one wanted one to begin with. I honestly think the seller of the (brown?) one above will have a hard time giving it away to someone who wants to use it, instead of scrapping it, in it's current condition. 

image.png.d9e21cb58243a3513d2ec1f896b60dbb.png

Ya these things were stupid expensive in the day, and IMO not that attractive to boot. Add that they're rocking a 440 during the gas crisis and that's a receipe for failure

• Like 1