For Sale: 1956 Chrysler 300B Derham - $62,000 - Prescott, AZ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Chrysler 300B Derham - $62,000 - Prescott, AZ

1956 chrysler 300B Derham for sale by owner - Prescott, AZ - craigslist
Seller's Description:

one of one 1956 Chrysler 300B "Derham" Runs and drives wonderfully!  354 Hemi twin 4-barrel carbs, 727 Automatic. Call for info too much to list!  This one is for you Mark. odometer: 77000
Copy and paste in your email: d56708b2f8cd3689bff78b2d0500c161@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Chrysler 300B Derham.

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ a.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ b.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ c.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ d.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ e.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ f.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ g.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ h.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ i.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ j.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ k.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ l.jpg

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ m.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

Is it really Derham?  I see trim removed but that’s about it

By the 1950's, Derham's main stock and trade was padded fabric top coverings plus whatever customizing the customer requested: chrome trim removal, partition windows, even armor plating.  The top seam is barely visible but there.  The CCCA Museum Archive curates the remaining Derham files, was publicly available at one time but no longer is.  

'56 Chrysler 300B Derham AZ b-crop.jpg

• Thanks 1

When did the AACA photo archives stop being accessible? I'm sure I was into those pages easily within the last two months.

This 300B is a historically documented product of Derham coachworks in Pennsylvania. Well known car to the Chrysler 300 Club, International. They did this one 300B and also one 300C. Similar exterior treatments of dechrome, white nylon tops. Only the 300C's dash was given a full compliment of gages. The '57 300C also still exists.

Value points: Absolutely done by Derham and is a one-off. Documented. It is after all a '56 Chrysler 300B !
Negative factor that the Novi trunk AC is aftermarket, as Chrysler Air-Temp would have been original. Carter WCFB four barrel carburetors belong on that engine. The horn ring is badly broken and these are very fragile pieces. Thus finding one will be a problem and expect to pay $1000 for one good enough for this quality auto.
After that it gets subjective because IMO the dechrome was detrimental on this car. Edited by StillOutThere
add broke horn ring (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StillOutThere said:

When did the AACA photo archives stop being accessible? I'm sure I was into those pages easily within the last two months.

That would be the CCCA Museum Archive on-line photo files.  If you find a new link to it, please let us know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

This 300B is a historically documented product of Derham coachworks in Pennsylvania. Well known car to the Chrysler 300 Club, International. They did this one 300B and also one 300C. Similar exterior treatments of dechrome, white nylon tops. Only the 300C's dash was given a full compliment of gages. The '57 300C also still exists.

Value points: Absolutely done by Derham and is a one-off. Documented. It is after all a '56 Chrysler 300B !
Negative factor that the Novi trunk AC is aftermarket, as Chrysler Air-Temp would have been original. Carter WCFB four barrel carburetors belong on that engine. The horn ring is badly broken and these are very fragile pieces. Thus finding one will be a problem and expect to pay $1000 for one good enough for this quality auto.
After that it gets subjective because IMO the dechrome was detrimental on this car.

The CCCA Musuem had the archive up.  But it was not complete and is no longer available for some reason.  Stuff has been scattered over the years.   I don't doubt the car is a real Derham custom but if it is documented then the seller is negligent for at least not mentioning that in the advertisement.   All and all a horrible way to sell a possibly special car.

• Thanks 1

Alsancle, Sorry, yes,  meant CCCA rather than AACA.    Thanks.

Agree, the advertising comes up well short of the mark for this documented car.   Have followed it some for decades as a 300 enthusiast and believe I'm correct that the current owner/seller is the person who did the "restoration" wherein things happened like the Edelbrock carb installations.   His previous offering of the car a few years back was just as poor.

And where is the super desirable, very hard to find, original delta wing gold painted air cleaner?   I use "delta" because that IS Chrysler's terminology.  GM fellers have "bats" in their engine bays, LOL.