1935 Packard 8 Clubby $34k

Looking for an unbelievably beautiful classic vehicle? This is it! We get comments, and stopped all the time for pictures and conversation! Its truly a sexy car!

This is an amazing 1935 Packard Eight in great running shape. Great paint job, starts right up, runs smooth. New 6V battery, 12V in truck for lights and to run the added AC/Heat unit. Straight eight engine.

We were using this for weddings and has been a great car! We are getting out of the wedding business. Take advantage of this amazing find!

I am working on more pics... engine, underneath etc $34,000 OBO

notes: The Packard Eight was a luxury automobile produced by Packard between 1924 and 1936,[2] and was an all new platform that took the top market position from the earlier Packard Twin Six which was first introduced in 1916.[3] When it was introduced, it was designated as the senior Packard. It remained so until the Super Eight and Custom Super Eight were introduced in the 1940s

more pics in the ad:
image.jpeg.4face59e200932cb2457a71fa146193b.jpegimage.jpeg.152d62aef81efb65e68d6941fe0de5e9.jpegimage.jpeg.7d393c5af3059c2b43795bfae5b6fa79.jpeg

• Like 3

A price just low enough to make you salivate. Believable excuse for why they're selling it. Does not have more photos but "working on it" (as if snapping some cell phone photos is some kind of major undertaking).

All ingredients of the usual scam. There is no Packard. There is no Billy McFartigan or whatever the current seller is calling himself now. It's 100% bogus.

• Like 4

Pictures appear to have come from this old ClassicCars.com listing...

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1673021/1935-packard-eight-for-sale-in-cadillac-michigan-49601

That being said...    ...there is a website for a company that rents out 'novelty' vehicles for Special Events (including this car)...

https://www.playrva.co/

It's possible the scammer knows the history and makes the ad seem more realistic...   ...or maybe it is legit (no evidence that the rental company is going out of business though)...   ...As Always...    Buyer Beware!

I guess a truly interested buyer could contact the rental company.  $34k seems like a good buy for this very attractive body style.  A bit below market maybe but stigma of having been a fleet car I woukd think would impact price.

16 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I guess a truly interested buyer could contact the rental company.  $34k seems like a good buy for this very attractive body style.  A bit below market maybe but stigma of having been a fleet car I woukd think would impact price.

As I recall the car has A/C installed (for wedding service) driven by a separate alternator and 12V battery in the trunk but the original 6V system is still operational and powering everything original

• Like 1