1976 Olds 98 4-dr. hardtop, 21,000 miles, near Dallas, Texas

I am selling this car for a deceased friend's family. ALways garaged, one previous elderly owner, Dallas area car since new, sold new at Henry Butts Oldsmobile in Dallas, Texas. 455 V8 runs well. Original paint and interior. Rear bumper fillers have been replaced. Recent tires & battery, Texas title ready to go, A/C will need a Freon charge. No rust, no dents, beautiful time capsule from 1976. Owner's manuals in the glove box. Couple of small scratches in the paint; excellent chrome; all power windows & power door locks work; 2-way power seat works; have not taken it out on the highway to see if the cruise control works. Interior is flawless. $15,000 or close offer. I can send additional photos. Car is located in Midlothian, Texas which is 25 miles southwest of Dallas.

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

$15,000 is still strong money for a beige 4 door.  If this was blue, or dark red okay.  Just one persons opinion.  

GM didn't have a super attractive color palette in 1976. If my 76 Regency had been any color other than light metallic blue, I'm not sure I'd have bought it. 

s-l400.png

Mom had a car almost identical except hers was a 2 door. Dad traded the 75 cordoba on it. Rockers rusted out in a year and we didnt even live in the rust belt! That put dad over the edge as I am sure at the time it was not an inexpensive car. He traded on a new VW dasher, what a joke that was!! Car was a stick, diesel. I know mom was cussing him everytime she drove that little German eggcrate. I think my lawn mower has more power. He only had that one for about 3 months before it was replaced by an Audi. Dad was a GM guy for as long as I could remember but the rusting out of the Olds put him on a european path for quite a few years afterwards.