For Sale: 1964 IMPERIAL LEBARON 4dr Hardtop. 70K miles - Project - $6,000 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 IMPERIAL LEBARON 4dr Hardtop. 70K miles - Project - $6,000 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN

1964 IMPERIAL LEBARON for sale by owner - Minneapolis, MN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1964 Imperial LeBaron 4 door. It's a driver, not a show car. 413 V-8, push-button automatic, pwr steering, pwr brakes, pwr windows including vent windows, pwr seat, pwr locks, tilt wheel. am/fm radio. Everything works except the clock, A/C, and drivers' side rear window. Comes with two good window motors.
Lots of work done on it in the past few years; rebuilt brake booster, rebuilt pwr steering pump, completely new exhaust, freeze plugs replaced, front seat reupholstered in factory correct fabric and leather, back seat and doors are good, new carpet including kick panels.  Paint isn't great, some rust in dog legs, but solid floors, trunk and frame. Tires are good but old. Comes with a lot of spare parts, including some fabric and leather, wheel covers...  It's a nice driving old car. She will cruise at 70 on the freeway all day. If you have questions, get back to me with a phone number. We can talk.  odometer: 70000
Copy and paste in your email: 6afcd82ad3a43ebdac49b531ed9536c4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 IMPERIAL LEBARON 4dr Hardtop.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 2,949 1964 IMPERIAL LEBARON 4dr Hardtops built.

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN a.jpg

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN b.jpg

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN c.jpg

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN d.jpg

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN e.jpg

'64 IMPERIAL LEBARON MN f.jpg

• Like 3

Definitely potential there. The extra parts and repairs that have been done should make a buyer comfortable.

Maybe not as distinctive as earlier Imperials, but getting rid of the gunsight taillights and free-standing headlights was a great improvement IMHO. This styling just shouts "American-class luxury".

• Like 2

That is a beautiful automobile and the 413 engine is good for 200,000 miles without major repairs, if taken care of. Chrysler was trying to build the best car that they possibly could with these. Engine and drivetrain are bulletproof. Quality materials everywhere--no plastic in these land yacht. 60 mph is absolutely loafing for one of these. I don't think you will find a finer long-distance highway car from 1964. My '63 New Yorker has the same powertrain, so I'm a little bit biased.

Pete Phillips

Leonard, TX

63 New Yorker.JPG

• Like 1

Pete- while the engineering behind these was arguably better than GM overall - the Imperial was a minefield of gremlins for the accessories.  I know, I was the mechanic for a WP Chrysler club member with a 64 4 door.  Surely, the Lincoln’s and to some extent the Cadillacs were no better but while the drivetrains were quite nice, the power accessories had not quite made it to 1964. 

• Like 1