For Sale: 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE, A/C. 49K miles - $24,999 - BENNETT, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $22,995: 12-26-2023:

For Sale: 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE, A/C. 49K miles - $24,999 - BENNETT, CO - Still Available, Price Reduced to $22,995: 12-26-2023: 11-3-2023. See New Link Below.

1963 mercury monterey for sale by owner - Bennett, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE. This a very rare car with fewer than 1600 made even fewer with the S55 option package including factory a/c, power steering, power drum brakes and power top. She has a rebuilt 390 motor with a 4-barrel carb and dual exhaust. Rebuilt automatic transmission and a rebuilt power steering system. The exterior has only 1 repaint done in the early 1990's and is starting to show its age. Interior is all original and looks great! The convertible top is only 1 year old and works perfect. This MERC. looks and runs really good! I just took it on an 80-mile road trip. Also did a complete tune up and changed all the fluids and put a new Petronis electronic distributor on it. The Tires are brand new and will come with the original hubcaps. This is a steel at only $24,999.
Contact: CALLS ONLY PLEASE!!!!! (303) 5-FIVE-ZERO-9-NINE-4-ZERO

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 1,379 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLES built.

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO a.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO b.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO c.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO d.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO e.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO f.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO g.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO h.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO i.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO j.jpg

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $22,995: 12-26-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 6

That looks a cool car with a floor shifter and a console.  The Cragar wheels actually look pretty good!  I like the way the dash gauges are laid out/designed.  The air conditioner compressors were pretty big in those day but I don't see one in cryptic picture. GLWTS!

7 hours ago, deac said:

That looks a cool car with a floor shifter and a console.  The Cragar wheels actually look pretty good!  I like the way the dash gauges are laid out/designed.  The air conditioner compressors were pretty big in those day but I don't see one in cryptic picture. GLWTS!

I didn't include the blurry photo that shows it, but here it is.

'63 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONV CO l.jpg

• Like 1

I think Ford's first integrated in-dash A/C was 1965; Thunderbird and Lincoln probably earlier. So the hang-on is accurate for the era, as is the big loud York compressor Ford used.

A Ford factory or dealer installed unit would have had a Ford or Mercury crest somewhere on the faceplate. Can't zoom in enough to see if this one has it.

Considering most airconditioned cars of that era had aftermarket units, I wouldn't quibble about it.

1 hour ago, TexRiv_63 said:

The seats look right but the door panels definitely not.

I agree, the console looks correct to me and if the center of the door panels were a dark red, he would have been close.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE, A/C. 49K miles - $24,999 - BENNETT, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $24,999: 11-3-2023.
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1963 MERCURY MONTEREY S55 CONVERTIBLE, A/C. 49K miles - $24,999 - BENNETT, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $22,995: 12-26-2023: